The MT-07 Forum

Thoughts on the new Nitron Cartridge For kits?

bicheichane

I am really, really leaning to get the full kit here, shocks and cartridge kit. Just want to have any sort of feedback on the cartridge kit.. I would have gone instead for the matris set (shocks and cartridge) since they're substantially cheaper, but I've already read that the forks have the compression leg all screwed up but since I'm not american it would be a lot of work to get the fix from pattonme and put it all to work I guess.. I don't know if it's worth the hassle or not, or if I'm just better off splurging on the nitron set. Budget is not a huge issue.. if anyone could provide any input here I'd be really appreciated

• Premium Member

since your EU based- look into Bitubo if you have not, lots of thumbs up fron forum users and Bellissimoto is a forum vendor for em...  

if you say budget is not an issue- R6 front end swap- 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Not sure if I want to get the front end of an R6. I do want fully adjustable suspension, but I'm not looking to hit the track, only canyon carving and commuting, with or without pillion, with or without fully loaded top cases. I'm not trying to go for a racing suspension in the sense of it being super firm or whatever, and I could be completely wrong on this as I haven't researched the R6's suspension, but from an outsider it does look like it'll be on the super sporty side of the deal

• Premium Member

Knowing Nitron, their cartridge kit is most likely top notch.  They have been working on a fz07 kit for a couple years, so I assume they did their home work.

The R6 swap is quite expensive and not a simple bolt on.  Nothing wrong with RSU forks.  But I did just see the new R3 comes with 37mm USD forks....

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

So I contacted their sales department about the forks, and this is one thing they told me:

"You have actually just pointed out a mistake on our website, the 25mm cartridges are not available on this bike, however our smaller 22mm cartridge kit is available. We can do this kit for £550 + VAT, there is no Pro upgrade option on this though I’m afraid."

So disregard nitron's 25mm fork kit on their website (at the time of this writing)!

Has anyone heard from pattonme recently. I can't seem to contact him and haven't seen him lurking. Hopefully he is just on holidays

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, gregjet said:

Hopefully he is just on holidays

@pattonme is more likely buried in work knowing him. But I also hope he's doing well.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

9 hours ago, elmo said:

FYI- Last week, Matt provided some guidance for my Matris cartridge  inserts lacking rebound. Much appreciated thanks,

My Matris inserts, worked my Matt are doing fine!  Trackdays and around town dodging potholes...

Thanks elmo. I was getting a bit worried as he is usually quite communicative, but I am waiting for some cartridges and shock and emailed him last week and haven't heard back. I'll wait til the end of the week and try again.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Gregjet, stay patient and keep trying to contact him, PM me and can provide his #. 

Matt mentioned he is currently working to much to participate, but the future looks better.

I have Matris F15K  cartridges and self installed  Matt's shim piston package year + ago. Been happy with performance until  after a Sonoma track day a few months ago. Dave Moss told me I needed to speed up rebound to avoid my bad front tire ware. However my rebound  was already at max , so took apart the cartridges, and ask Matt for help addressing this issue. Thankfully he said yes, and ceated attached shim/piston chart with Matt's guidance.

Just completed re-build today and back on the bike tomorrow.

779989390_MatrisF15Kshimstacks-FZ-07ReboundandCompupperleg1of2sm.thumb.JPG.09a72925787e4fbaf7cd110d621644de.JPG

1394385077_MatrisF15Kshimstacks-FZ-07ReboundandComplowerleg2of2sm.thumb.JPG.fd38200e3521e79f90a91600ca3e9315.JPG

On 10/19/2018 at 10:10 PM, elmo said:

Gregjet, stay patient and keep trying to contact him, PM me and can provide his #. 

Matt mentioned he is currently working to much to participate, but the future looks better.

I have Matris F15K  cartridges and self installed  Matt's shim piston package year + ago. Been happy with performance until  after a Sonoma track day a few months ago. Dave Moss told me I needed to speed up rebound to avoid my bad front tire ware. However my rebound  was already at max , so took apart the cartridges, and ask Matt for help addressing this issue. Thankfully he said yes, and created attached shim/piston chart with Matt's guidance.

779989390_MatrisF15Kshimstacks-FZ-07ReboundandCompupperleg1of2sm.thumb.JPG.09a72925787e4fbaf7cd110d621644de.JPG

1552508596_MatrisshocklowerlegsshimprofileFZ07.thumb.JPG.700d0fd10e6187542e71dd6c12c0fa25.JPG

On 10/19/2018 at 10:10 PM, elmo said:

I have Matris F15K  cartridges and self installed  Matt's shim piston package year + ago. Been happy with performance until  after a Sonoma track day a few months ago. Dave Moss told me I needed to speed up rebound to avoid my bad front tire ware. However my rebound  was already at max , so took apart the cartridges, and ask Matt for help addressing this issue. Thankfully he said yes, and ceated attached shim/piston chart with Matt's guidance.

836325065_MatrisshocklowerlegsshimprofileFZ07.thumb.JPG.1bd9ea8cfd603ad47f6a2679534b63c0.JPG

Edited by elmo
Up dated lower leg piston shim profile

• Premium Member
On 10/16/2018 at 4:49 PM, gregjet said:

I was getting a bit worried as he is usually quite communicative,

I was also, there was the part of me thinking something bad had happened (family funeral) etc. and I realised every Tom,Duke, and Harry wants him to re-build their suspension after the racing season has mostly ended. Jeez people are so demanding, me included. I somehow managed to get over myself, (PHEW) and just roll with whatever happens, will happen. I have time before I need his services and feel it best to go with the flow, in the meantime 70F Degrees today scrubbed in a new rear tyre. I had fun doing it too, tomorrow is looking about the same so Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho it's off to the twisties I go.

Edited by fzar
No idea!!!

firstyammerha

man, that's a lot of washers. My mid eighties Ohlins had about half the shims on each side of the piston. Guess time  and technology march on.

• Premium Member

Just a heads up: 

Attention - change in business processes

By pattonme, June 20 in Forks by Matt 

Reply to this topic

Start new topic

pattonme

Supporting Vendor

1,888 posts

Posted June 20

In light of the pretty lousy job I've been doing this spring on fulfillment turn-around I am making the following changes.

* shipping in of forks for service/install will only be accepted between Nov and March.
Exceptions are possible but will ONLY be done via reservation (online calendar here) and upon confirmation of kit being built and allocated.

* GSXR retrofits are mostly retired. I will still be making some up and maybe doing some cool things like Big-Piston forks, but since they take so much time and effort to do, I will instead be providing Andreani, Matris F15k, and Ohlins NIX-22 for ready consumption. If you really want the GSXR option you may need to be patient.

* Commercial items (Andreani, Matris, Andreani, Ohlins etc.) and shock orders (Nitron, K-TEch, Ohlins etc) will be processed in 2 or 3 business days and reflected in Paypal via the 'In Process' state label.

I will endeavor to stock K-Tech and Nitron shocks, Andreani and Matris fork kits so dependency on upstream suppliers is mitigated.

I would like to continue to be this forum's choice of quality suspension parts at good prices and I hope I can earn back some of the reputation I held previously. 

Thank you.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Thought I'd resurrect this thread instead of creating a new one as I have the same question originally asked - has anyone tried the Nitron TVT 22MM FORK CARTRIDGE KIT yet?  

Any feedback on these?

Cheers

• 6 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 2:11 AM, Fugitive said:

Hi,

Thought I'd resurrect this thread instead of creating a new one as I have the same question originally asked - has anyone tried the Nitron TVT 22MM FORK CARTRIDGE KIT yet?  

Any feedback on these?

Cheers

Same question.  Anyone?

I still haven't been able to find much on these in the 7 months since I last posted...I'm still considering them.

From what I've read, they sound quality, but without reading some real-world rider experiences with these units, I'm hesitant to lay down the $$$ for them.

I do hope there are some forum members out there who can share some insight!

11 hours ago, Fugitive said:

I still haven't been able to find much on these in the 7 months since I last posted...I'm still considering them.

From what I've read, they sound quality, but without reading some real-world rider experiences with these units, I'm hesitant to lay down the $$$ for them.

I do hope there are some forum members out there who can share some insight!

Nitron makes nice parts.  I ran their 3 way kit on my Exige S.  Fast Bike Industries I think is the main place for them or that is supporting Blake Davis who rides on them.

I really like the Bitubo stuff personally.  They have digressive and progressive valve stacks available for most cartridges.   I had always ridden on progressive till working with Eric at Velocity Calibrations and really like the digressive valving much better.  

I dont think you'll be disappointed in any quality name suspension vs the oem non adjustable units.   Just be realistic in budget and expectations.  A $500 shock isnt a $1800 race shock but if its just for a couple spirited rides a month in some twisties... you probably can for go some of the expense and still have fun.

Edited by Spatt
  • Like 2

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products

On 1/4/2020 at 2:47 AM, Spatt said:

Nitron makes nice parts.  I ran their 3 way kit on my Exige S.  Fast Bike Industries I think is the main place for them or that is supporting Blake Davis who rides on them.

I really like the Bitubo stuff personally.  They have digressive and progressive valve stacks available for most cartridges.   I had always ridden on progressive till working with Eric at Velocity Calibrations and really like the digressive valving much better.  

I dont think you'll be disappointed in any quality name suspension vs the oem non adjustable units.   Just be realistic in budget and expectations.  A $500 shock isnt a $1800 race shock but if its just for a couple spirited rides a month in some twisties... you probably can for go some of the expense and still have fun.

Thanks, I might have to look in to the Bitubo gear again.  

I think if I was doing cartridges up front, I'd also replace the rear shock at the same time.  It's a fair bit of coin to drop ~$2100AU (~$1500USD) for Nitron cartridges + R1 shock (not including install) and it'd just be great to read about other riders' experiences with this upgrade, as the Nitrons are top of my list.  I'm sure the difference is noticeable though, just hard for me to pull the trigger without reading more reviews! 

• 2 months later...
Gixerspiderman

Hello from Blightly all, and although I know this is an old post, I thought I would chip in. In October 2018 I persuaded/nagged the very clever head honcho of the bike dept at Nitron into finishing their tvt cartridge kit and using my bike as the final development mule. They had previously dismantled another set of forks in 2014 but not progressed. Unfortunately the fork bottoms do require machining out to fit their 22mm cartridge kit. I  ordered an R3 shock with HPA at the same time. When I collected the bike the shock wasn't fitted, and the first thing to say is that DON'T  run them with a standard shock. The soggy stock rear and firm front meant no weight on front wheel and instant lock up even on a hot day.  Once I'd fitted shock and set static sag (added preload rear,wound right off front) I took it out and found the front too stiff on compression and rear perfect from the box. I've wound all the front compression off and even pulling stoppies I still have unused travel. So on their advice I am removing 5ml fork oil at a time to soften off the last part of the stroke,but covid19 means we're all on lockdown . I've been riding for 20 years, did more trackdays than I can possibly remember and dabbled in club racing for a few years. I've run ktech and ohlins on race bikes and ohlins on road bikes. I'm no Rossi by any stretch but I have been around for a while. What I can say is that my suspension is almost perfect for fast road/track use, holds a line nicely and isn't bad over bumps. I'm sure the last 1% will come with the oil removal. They're just as well made as ktech and ohlins (possibly better) on the outside, and have superior bump absorption than either on road. My only criticism is possibly the shock is slightly underdamped for a racer with slicks, but that's not me anymore. Hope this helps someone and hope you guys are all safe and well! Oh and customer service is loads better than ktech, who werent bad, and ohlins who cant even need arsed to answer emails from a pleb like me!

Edited by Gixerspiderman
  • Like 2