bicheichane

Thoughts on the new Nitron Cartridge For kits?

RRR

I'm also interested

bicheichane

I am really, really leaning to get the full kit here, shocks and cartridge kit. Just want to have any sort of feedback on the cartridge kit.. I would have gone instead for the matris set (shocks and cartridge) since they're substantially cheaper, but I've already read that the forks have the compression leg all screwed up but since I'm not american it would be a lot of work to get the fix from pattonme and put it all to work I guess.. I don't know if it's worth the hassle or not, or if I'm just better off splurging on the nitron set. Budget is not a huge issue.. if anyone could provide any input here I'd be really appreciated

norcal616

since your EU based- look into Bitubo if you have not, lots of thumbs up fron forum users and Bellissimoto is a forum vendor for em...  

if you say budget is not an issue- R6 front end swap- 

bicheichane

Not sure if I want to get the front end of an R6. I do want fully adjustable suspension, but I'm not looking to hit the track, only canyon carving and commuting, with or without pillion, with or without fully loaded top cases. I'm not trying to go for a racing suspension in the sense of it being super firm or whatever, and I could be completely wrong on this as I haven't researched the R6's suspension, but from an outsider it does look like it'll be on the super sporty side of the deal

blackout

Knowing Nitron, their cartridge kit is most likely top notch.  They have been working on a fz07 kit for a couple years, so I assume they did their home work.

The R6 swap is quite expensive and not a simple bolt on.  Nothing wrong with RSU forks.  But I did just see the new R3 comes with 37mm USD forks....

bicheichane

So I contacted their sales department about the forks, and this is one thing they told me:

"You have actually just pointed out a mistake on our website, the 25mm cartridges are not available on this bike, however our smaller 22mm cartridge kit is available. We can do this kit for £550 + VAT, there is no Pro upgrade option on this though I’m afraid."

So disregard nitron's 25mm fork kit on their website (at the time of this writing)!

gregjet

Has anyone heard from pattonme recently. I can't seem to contact him and haven't seen him lurking. Hopefully he is just on holidays

DewMan
54 minutes ago, gregjet said:

Hopefully he is just on holidays

@pattonme is more likely buried in work knowing him. But I also hope he's doing well.

elmo

FYI- Last week, Matt provided some guidance for my Matris cartridge  inserts lacking rebound. Much appreciated thanks,

Zupatun
9 hours ago, elmo said:

FYI- Last week, Matt provided some guidance for my Matris cartridge  inserts lacking rebound. Much appreciated thanks,

My Matris inserts, worked my Matt are doing fine!  Trackdays and around town dodging potholes...

gregjet

Thanks elmo. I was getting a bit worried as he is usually quite communicative, but I am waiting for some cartridges and shock and emailed him last week and haven't heard back. I'll wait til the end of the week and try again.

elmo

Gregjet, stay patient and keep trying to contact him, PM me and can provide his #. 

Matt mentioned he is currently working to much to participate, but the future looks better.

I have Matris F15K  cartridges and self installed  Matt's shim piston package year + ago. Been happy with performance until  after a Sonoma track day a few months ago. Dave Moss told me I needed to speed up rebound to avoid my bad front tire ware. However my rebound  was already at max , so took apart the cartridges, and ask Matt for help addressing this issue. Thankfully he said yes, and ceated attached shim/piston chart with Matt's guidance.

Just completed re-build today and back on the bike tomorrow.

779989390_MatrisF15Kshimstacks-FZ-07ReboundandCompupperleg1of2sm.thumb.JPG.09a72925787e4fbaf7cd110d621644de.JPG

1394385077_MatrisF15Kshimstacks-FZ-07ReboundandComplowerleg2of2sm.thumb.JPG.fd38200e3521e79f90a91600ca3e9315.JPG