The MT-07 Forum

How do lift bike to remove shock?

Talber8

What method have you guys used to support the bIke when taking off shock? (And rearsets)

I can't find a stable way to do this with Yosh exhaust on.  Even then putting. Locks of wood under the engine seems a little shoddy

• Premium Member

Did a search from the search box and came up with these:

Both of these list methods for supporting the bike. Other threads list other methods including strapping the bike to exposed rafters in an open ceiling garage.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I set my bike up on the rear stand and then ran a piece of tubing through the brackets for the rear pegs and used a couple of jack stands on either side to support the bike.  

• Global Moderator
36 minutes ago, mecmar44 said:

I set my bike up on the rear stand and then ran a piece of tubing through the brackets for the rear pegs and used a couple of jack stands on either side to support the bike.  

this method will be the most stable, 
using a jack under the oil pan with a plank  will help lining up bolt holes 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I'll loosened the tight stuff 1st while it's on the ground and then used a chain hoist w/tow strap to do the heavy lifting and then a small scissors jack underneath the motor to support some of the weight. The wheel chock stand holds the bike upright w/o anything else. . 

IMG_1411.JPG

13 hours ago, stickshift said:

I put a steel bar through the rear peg brackets and used ratchet straps to lift from rafters. Worked well.

I too used this method, except for substituting an A-frame ladder to secure the straps to - the only problem was minor scratching of the rear brackets even though I wrapped the bar (from my large floor jack) in rags.

If I do it again, I will take the seat off and run the hanging straps from the underseat frame.

I lift it with my right arm, chew the axle off kick the swing arm off, the using my left foot I pull the shock off

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

5 hours ago, r1limited said:

I lift it with my right arm, chew the axle off kick the swing arm off, the using my left foot I pull the shock off

Beemer

Archived