The MT-07 Forum

Jumped my bike!

Grant31781

Today was a interesting one. Topped the bike off with 89. Been running 93. Mpg was 56. Been getting 52. Awesome mpg for so much fun. To start with I popped a wheelie taking off from a light unintentionally.  Then on a county road, there is a ramped railroad crossing. I hit it a little too fast. I was standing on the pegs. The bike got a little air time.  After this i hit some lose gravel and had a little spin action taking off. Then on my way home there was a raised up spot in the asphalt that I managed to nail. It made the bike jerk to the side a little.

All in all a fun day with a little added excitement. Since I passed the 600 mile mark, I am pushing the bike a little harder.

• Like 2

NRWhiteKnight

Video or it didn't happen. 😉

• Like 2

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

No video. 😕It wasn't a Duke boys jump! LoL  I guess the wheels came up an inch or two. Front wheel wobbled a little when it landed. Not going to try it again. Didn't want to jump it when it happened.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sounds like a typical ride for me on the FZ.

• Like 2

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

3 hours ago, Grant31781 said:

No video. 😕It wasn't a Duke boys jump! LoL  I guess the wheels came up an inch or two. Front wheel wobbled a little when it landed. Not going to try it again. Didn't want to jump it when it happened.

Don't stop, that's where the fun is at! There's a ramped train track crossing like that in a small town I used to live in that I used to love jumping with my old XL 500. The faster I hit it the better it felt. I didn't get real high off the ground, between 2 and 3 ft. at most but I felt like Evel Knievel up in the air looking down on the cars going the opposite way. They must've thought I was the scourge of the earth, ha! I miss that old POS, it was so much fun. 

• Like 1

Beemer

• Global Moderator

hooligans, all of you....

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Carpetbombing

I broke the frame on an old CBR600 F2 back in the day jumping it. That's when I realized it was time for a dirtbike. Aaah, good times.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 8:47 AM, bornagainbiker said:

makes sense if you drag race in a Prius against a Prius c lol

• Premium Member

I absolutely love Jason Bateman's sense of humor! That line and the way he says it cracks me up every time!

• Like 2

Don't be too quick to laugh at a Prius. In the right hands a Prius can blow away a Pinto!

😂

• Haha 1

Beemer