The MT-07 Forum

The Laundry List

r1limited

With the PNW going onto the rain season and winter, its time for the laundry list.  Personaly I make the list and scratch off or add to depending on what I find.  Since the R1 needs some love, time to scope out all the needs for the Yeller Beast as well as the little items planned for the FZ

First up R1

1. Clutch (I will go with OEM)
  2. 40k Valve adjust
  3. Throttle body sync
  4. New  520
  5. Replace Rear Wheel Damper
  6. Annual Brake bleed (Motul RBF 600 Front, OEM Rear
  7. Oil change always AMSIOL 10/40
  8. Forks clean, oil, inspection etc
  9. Basic Winter dissasseble, inspect, lube and torque
  10. Clutch and Throttle cable replacment year.  Regardless of condition
  11. New Q3s
  12. Replace all misc items that show wear.

As for the FZ

1. Airbox project continues (If ready by end of winter will re-dyno)
  2. 520 conversion
  3. Q3s
  4. Suspension
  5. Triple bar mount (Fix damn rubber crap)

Most of the love will go to the R1 much needed and required.  What is yours

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator

Don't really have a down season here in AZ.... Unless you live up north

I do plan, funds permitting, on getting a set of adapter plates for the rearsets, the hordpower airbox and a re-flash from Nels. Should get/make a manometer and at some point do the valve adjustment. (Waiting for @zombiphone to review the state of hers, and post the vid)

Oh, and setting the sag on the bike would be another goal. I'm pretty close but that was with me soloing it... A helper would be useful

Also funds permitting, my GF wants to learn to ride, so probably gonna be getting her an R3, after we send her to riding/track school

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

1 hour ago, mjh937 said:

@r1limited, what is the airbox project?  Are you doing the Hordpower or something else?

No, design me own.  Something I been working on thinking about.  Stock air box all I can say.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, r1limited said:

Triple bar mount (Fix damn rubber crap)

I'm curious to see where this goes...

11 hours ago, i28 said:

I'm curious to see where this goes...

I have two point 5 basic ideas (1) polyurethane (2) billet aluminum.  Either one will require milling to fit.  The point 5 is a tad simpler

persydonkers
22 hours ago, r1limited said:

With the PNW going onto the rain season and winter, its time for the laundry list.  Personaly I make the list and scratch off or add to depending on what I find.  Since the R1 needs some love, time to scope out all the needs for the Yeller Beast as well as the little items planned for the FZ

First up R1

2. 40k Valve adjust
  3. Throttle body sync
  4. New  520
  11. New Q3s

As for the FZ

2. 520 conversion
  3. Q3s
  4. Suspension

Yeah being in Washington and my first year with my bike, im starting to get the vibe she'll be in garage sooner than I thought.  So ive been thinkN of a lil list my self to throw on as the crumby season goes by.

31 minutes ago, persydonkers said:

Yeah being in Washington and my first year with my bike, im starting to get the vibe she'll be in garage sooner than I thought.  So ive been thinkN of a lil list my self to throw on as the crumby season goes by.

Seriously short.  Gonna be a cold winter I be thinkin

Winter??? Oh, yeah! the part of the year that feels like fall here. Right! I may change the oil, top off the brake fluid but most of all I'll be riding my bike to keep it loose. 

Beemer

Did a thorough tune-up on the atv a few weeks ago.  New spark plug, battery, air filter, fresh oil and filter.  Pulled the carb apart and cleaned all the internals.  checked fluid levels in both diffs.  Tires are new, just checked pressure.  Hunting season and a full winter of plowing ahead of it and I don't want any issues that I can't prevent ahead of time.

The bikes are easy.  The Vulcan and FZ need some seafoam in the fuel tank and their batteries pulled and they are ready for their winter slumber.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

1. Clear out enough room in shop to park my truck. Done.

IMG_20181006_190901200_resized.thumb.jpg.1fa93e76e5a490ff89eb527e18afbf3f.jpg

2. A. Get forks off to suspension guy for rebuild, done.

B. Get bodywork stripped for rebuild and paint. In progress.

IMG_20181007_144758963_resized.thumb.jpg.dd0438a28415da439092d7a188158346.jpg

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, r1limited said:

I have two point 5 basic ideas (1) polyurethane (2) billet aluminum.  Either one will require milling to fit.  The point 5 is a tad simpler

So does the rubber reduce front-end feel? Is that the main reason you wish to get rid of it?

I wonder if they chose rubber just to reduce engine vibration to the hands.

1 hour ago, i28 said:

So does the rubber reduce front-end feel? Is that the main reason you wish to get rid of it?

I wonder if they chose rubber just to reduce engine vibration to the hands.

IMO and my personal preference, I would rather have the bar mounts solid.  I believe the rubber is way to soft and gives a false feel.  So yes for me it is feel,

Still have a bit of riding season left here in Western NY (just got back from a ride and it's 80 degrees!), as I usually put them up around Thanksgiving.  Both bikes (the FZ and the Stryker) will get the following:

1. Oil change

2. Bath

3. Stabil in the tank after top off

4. Elevated via lift (Stryker) or stands (FZ)

The FZ will also have it's chain stripped/ cleaned and re-lubed - the Stryker is belt drive (love it!) so no issues there.  I may lube the control cables on both too.

I recently installed new fork springs, oil, and preload caps along with a "new" rear shock and new tires on the FZ, so I still need spark plugs, an air filter, and brake fluid sometime before next spring.  May also grab an aftermarket exhaust and a flash to match, although I have an EJK currently - really dislike the fuel cutoff with throttle reduction.

On 10/8/2018 at 8:12 AM, r1limited said:

Seriously short.  Gonna be a cold winter I be thinkin

Yea i would out side and it feels like its changed sooner and faster than usual, gonna be a Cold one this Year.

On 10/7/2018 at 9:39 AM, r1limited said:

First up R1

2. 40k Valve adjust
  3. Throttle body sync
  4. New  520
  11. New Q3s

As for the FZ

2. 520 conversion
  3. Q3s
  4. Suspension

I think you also need to check your valves and type up a diy tech tip 😉

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

1. Fit buell 1125r fairing to fz. Wind-blast on straights is wearing me out.
2. Do something about those fake air intakes! Follow-up with:

2A. Clip-ons

3. 520 conversion.
4. AP link or similar.
5. Rear sets or plates or something.
6. Stainless brake lines.
7. Fluids flushed/changed.
8. ????
9. Profit!

-HowWorkClutch

Archived