The MT-07 Forum

Headlight conversion

Jessg562

What’s going on guys, new here! So I recently got my 2016 Fz07 and wanted to swap out the stock clunky headlight and signals. I want to put a round headlight sort of like a cafe racing style or Harley. Anyway, anyone tell me how I would go about it? I found a few on eBay and wish, but I’m not sure about the wiring and how to switch the wires? Any tips or recommendations?  I’m pretty new to street bikes in general so any general help or tips would be awesome! 

Heres the link link of the one I was looking at originally,  I’d like this type of headlight . 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-7-Motorcycle-Bike-Headlight-LED-Turn-Signal-Light-w-Black-Bracket-Mount-US/202408968360?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20180306143914%26meid%3Dbd5ae445cd574ea682f671bb7fde7964%26pid%3D100935%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D292433853976%26itm%3D202408968360&_trksid=p2056116.c100935.m2460

• Premium Member

My first suggestion would be to spend more than $18 on a headlight. 😁

My second suggestion would be to search and/or browse the forum for information you're looking for. There are threads regarding headlight upgrades that will be a wealth of information for you.

Welcome to the wonderful world that is FZ/MT-07. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Well I figured I’d experiment with something from China, so I can see how it looks and get the experience working on the bike without spending 100+ on somthing I won’t like, thanks for the tips!

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Jessg562 said:

Well I figured I’d experiment with something from China, so I can see how it looks and get the experience working on the bike without spending 100+ on somthing I won’t like, thanks for the tips! 

Understood. I did the same with shorty levers.... bought some cheap ones to confirm they would work for me then got some better quality ones. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

There is some great tech info in this thread from our tech tips section 

It would be greatly appreciated if you could take some pics and notes while doing your retrofit and write up your own tech tip for others. It would be seen by and help thousands for years to come 😀

Archived