The MT-07 Forum

Questions related to M4 exhaust and its baffle

dhaval0603

Hi Guys!
I recently got a used 2016 FZ-07 as my starter motorcycle. 

My motorcycle came with an M4 slip-on exhaust pre-installed by the previous owner and it is indeed 'LOUD'. (To a point where I feel guilty starting my bike early AM / late PM).

I suspect it has had its baffle/db-killer removed. But its hard for me to tell right now as I have no reference point of how it looks with a baffle inserted in. 
I was wondering if anyone here can help me out. (I am attaching a picture of my pipe).

Also, I have read about getting a Stage 2 Quiet-Insert from M4. To install this quiet-insert, do I need to have the original baffle installed (Just in case I am missing a baffle)?

Thanks a lot folks! Much appreciated!

20181002_193553.jpg

• Global Moderator

@dhaval0603
Looks as though you Might have a silencer installed, 
with my little bit of research this https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/m4-exhaust-quiet-insert-db-reducer/ is the stage 2 insert, and looking at the way your muffler baffle curves in at the pipe side, it looks like this one might be in there already. 
cant say for certain unless you remove the can. 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

Yes, however unlike a few of the other exhausts, the M4 inserts the DB killer from the pipe side of the muffler and is held in place with a snap ring. 

Towards the pipe side of theuffler in your first picture there is a slight radius indicating a neck down to meet the pipe. This neck down is shown on the DB killer link I posted, which is why I believe you may have one.

Again, however, the only way to tell for sure is to remove the can

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

You dont have one installed.

As I mentioned in the other thread where you asked, you would see the allen head screw at 6 o clock on the inside if there was one installed and the baffle is only about 4 inches long with a bottom which would make you unable to see that deeply into the exhaust if there was one installed.

15 minutes ago, dhaval0603 said:

Thankyou @sorkyah and @alexlj92 . The screw is indeed missing. I think i ll be getting a stage 2 quiet insert from M4 to tone down the loudness. 
Cheers!

Its worth it! My ears don't ring after a ride anymore. Although I do miss the unmuted sound at times.

Archived