The MT-07 Forum

Will bike lean out with no tune

Zane

Hey guys I have a 2018 Mt-07 and have been loving it but was wanting to put a exhaust on. I was thinking a Akro or m4 system  I know from working on cars it will lean out the fuel mixture a bit. My question is will the bikes ecu be able to adjust it or is the difference to big? Is a tune required to run right, the bike has no other performance mods.

It's unlikely to do any damage riding around the street in my opinion, different story if you're spending lots of time at wide open throttle.

When cruising with steady throttle the ecu uses the O2 sensor to adjust fuelling, all other times it uses preset fuel & ignition maps (that are adjusted via a tune, power commander etc).

The akra and m4 are quite different systems, I suggest you read up on the pros and cons of each.

The only system I have heard reports of not needing to adjust fueling on is the Akra Titanium (with the DB killer in). DB killer out is another story.  In stock form the ECU will not adjust any fueling for an exhaust whatsoever. The stock O2 sensor only regulates fueling while cruising in which it goes into a leaner fueling range for economy as stickshift mentioned.

These bikes come from the factory stupid lean anyways so adding an exhaust and free flowing air filter setup it's going to be even leaner. Me personally I have never added an exhaust without either re jetting or re mapping what I'm working on. Not doing it, to me, is just wasting the power gains you could have.

• Premium Member

Akra Ti with DB killer and cat will not require "re-tune"... a few other exhaust are the same way, cant recall em... 

EU Yamaha website shows the Akra Ti w/cat...

US Yamaha website shows a Yoshi exhaust...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Thanks guys I think I’ll go with the 2wdw mail tune as it is actually cheaper then getting it done in Australia then I know it’s right

Archived