The MT-07 Forum

Looking for FZ/MT 07 dealer in Georgia

ANB

Hello all,

(I’m not sure if this thread is in the right place. I won’t be upset if it gets moved elsewhere) 

im new to the forum and looking for a reputable dealer in the Georgia area that I can buy a new FZ-07 from. I’m new to riding and haven’t owned a bike before, but I’ve got my license and an MSF cert. Recently went to the monopoly dealer of Georgia (mountain motor sports) and was quoted $9200 OTD (with taxes and fees) for a 2018 FZ/MT 07. Dealer budge much on price because appreantly these bikes fly off the show room floor. 

Im no real familiar with any dealership other than mountain motor sports, so I’m hoping to that someone can provide some insight to a competitive dealer. 

BIKE:$7,599

Freight & Prep: $900

tag/title: $90

Tax: $600

TOTAL:~$9200

Edit: added pricing breakdown 

Thanks,

I used to live in the west Atlanta area and I've bought a bike(2016 FZ09) from Mountain Motorsports in Marietta. Can't say anything positive about their sales or their service department. I bought my 2016 FZ07 from Freedom Powersports in Canton.I trading the FZ09, for the  FZ07. They did dicker during the trade procedure but when we arrived at a mutually agreed price I got the impression that they weren't really happy with it. I got $5200 for the -09 and coughed up $3200 in cash difference. $8500 roughly OTD. This was Fall 2016. When I took delivery of the FZ07 the rear brake pedal was not adjusted properly. Very little braking action at the rear. I fixed it myself the next day.The Mountain Motorsports shop in Lithia Springs was the opposite of their Marietta shop as far as service goes. They mounted my Yamaha luggage rack for a reasonable price even though it wasn't bought from them. They also did my 600 mile service at a slightly higher than expected price. I didn't complain because their attitude was so much better than their Marietta shop.I would give the Mountain Motorsports Lithia Springs shop a try while shopping around town. 

35 minutes ago, firstyammerha said:

I used to live in the west Atlanta area and I've bought a bike(2016 FZ09) from Mountain Motorsports in Marietta. Can't say anything positive about their sales or their service department. I bought my 2016 FZ07 from Freedom Powersports in Canton.I trading the FZ09, for the  FZ07. They did dicker during the trade procedure but when we arrived at a mutually agreed price I got the impression that they weren't really happy with it. I got $5200 for the -09 and coughed up $3200 in cash difference. $8500 roughly OTD. This was Fall 2016. When I took delivery of the FZ07 the rear brake pedal was not adjusted properly. Very little braking action at the rear. I fixed it myself the next day.The Mountain Motorsports shop in Lithia Springs was the opposite of their Marietta shop as far as service goes. They mounted my Yamaha luggage rack for a reasonable price even though it wasn't bought from them. They also did my 600 mile service at a slightly higher than expected price. I didn't complain because their attitude was so much better than their Marietta shop.I would give the Mountain Motorsports Lithia Springs shop a try while shopping around town. 

Thanks for the information, I’ll check them out. If you don’t mind me asking, why did you go from the 09 to the 07?

Damn that's a high price for my region (Midwest).  Paid $7059 out the door for mine in June of this year.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

2 minutes ago, Liquidmetal said:

Damn that's a high price for my region (Midwest).  Paid $7059 out the door for mine in June of this year.

That’s including taxes and fees? Man, these guy are trying to take me for all I’m worth 😂

2 minutes ago, ANB said:

That’s including taxes and fees? Man, these guy are trying to take me for all I’m worth 😂

That includes everything.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I did a cycletrader.com search of all 2018 new mt-07's within 100 miles of atlanta.

https://www.cycletrader.com/Yamaha-Motorcycles/motorcycles-for-sale?type=Motorcycle|356953&make=Yamaha|2321194&model=MT-07|764974425&condition=N&zip=30301&radius=100&sort=price%3Aasc&page=1

You are right about terrible prices out there.  Good luck.

• Premium Member

Here in Florida my new '17 with ABS  was bought in the spring of '17 for $7200 plus title, (2yrs) Tag & 7% tax and was out the door for roughly USD $8,100 I was charge zero for freight & prep. The price difference between '17 & '18 models is only $300 last I checked.

I'd shop around. Your price seems high.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

11 minutes ago, minkster said:

I did a cycletrader.com search of all 2018 new mt-07's within 100 miles of atlanta.

https://www.cycletrader.com/Yamaha-Motorcycles/motorcycles-for-sale?type=Motorcycle|356953&make=Yamaha|2321194&model=MT-07|764974425&condition=N&zip=30301&radius=100&sort=price%3Aasc&page=1

You are right about terrible prices out there.  Good luck.

Thanks for the insight, I didn’t even think to look at a website like CycleTrader. A buddy of mine went to Mointain Motorsport got a “deal”, so I thought that would be a good start. But looking on the internet, I can see that mountain motor sports’ price is way high. 

• Global Moderator
13 minutes ago, ANB said:

Thanks for the insight, I didn’t even think to look at a website like CycleTrader. A buddy of mine went to Mointain Motorsport got a “deal”, so I thought that would be a good start. But looking on the internet, I can see that mountain motor sports’ price is way high. 

A lot of the prices you see advertised do not include "fees".  Just make sure your are comparing OTD (out the door) prices.  As you found out it is not uncommon for dealers to try to add several hundred dollars in fees, shipping, etc. 

Thank you all for the great information. A lot to learn the first time around.

Hopefully, if all goes well, I’ll be on a new bike in a few weeks :)

Just like anyone else, I’m looking for a good price, but I’m also looking for good dealer support/customer service, should I ever need it. 

Thanks again! 

I got my new 2018 MT 07 from Extreme Power Sports in Columbus, GA 3 weeks ago. I paid right at $7800 out the door.

firstyammerha

after leaving the sport in 1984, I re-entered back in 2013 on retirement. Picked up a 1989 Honda VTR 250 to see if I could still ride. Found out that I hadn't forgotten anything and father time and mother nature hadn't crippled me too bad. Rode it for 6 months but parts availability became an issue so traded it for a 2014 CB500f. Rode that for 6 months and really enjoyed that bike but got the urge for something bigger. Popped for a Suzuki SFV650 which was OK but had the urge to find that `perfect bike'. Six months later jumped on the FZ09 but that bike was way more than I needed. It had issues too but nothing I couldn't handle. Decided to go back down to a smaller bike-enter the FZ07. The weight of that thing sold me. So in the fall of 2016, swapped the -09 for the -07. The -09 issues were probably why the -07 dealer wasn't too happy taking it in trade for the -07. The -07 was hot at the time and nobody was really dealing on it. The shop(Mountain Motorsports in Marietta) wanted $4000 and the-09 for a new-07. That says something. With my age and health issues, I will probably go for a 300-400 next. The new CB300R looks promising. Good luck at the dealerships. And Greg31781, I've tried Extreme Power Sports in Columbus and got the distinct impression that I'm not wanted there. Their parts and service people are really bad. A new level of bad! 

The salesman I had was good to deal with. Also they delivered it to my house 65 miles away for that price. I do not know about  parts and service. I do my own service work. Dealerships charge too much for me.

Just my two cents. I would be looking at craigslist/cycle trader if I were you. Last week I picked up a 2016 with 2k miles on it for 1/2 the price of a new one. 

With you being a new rider,  take a friend with a motorcycle license if you don't feel comfortable test riding. Everyone has their preference but all 10 of my last bikes were purchased used from private party. I am only 23 so dont feel like you have to go to a dealer because you are new to riding. Gotta start somewhere!

If I was local Id gladly help ya look/if you needed someone to go with. Best of luck

firstyammerha

Egad, Grant317181 and Chuvids. $3500 or so for a 2016 bike with 2000 miles! I had mine on Craigslist for $6000 and had a couple of offers in that $3500 area but I'm not willing to give the thing away yet. I could probably get that as trade in on another bike. The salesman I talked to at Extreme a year or so ago was very promising too when I talked to him about trading the -07 for a 300 Ninja or R3 and he even offered to give me money back on the trade! I've never had that happen before. I don't remember the salesman name but if he delivered your bike 65 miles from the shop gratis, it maybe the same guy. And as far as my comment on the service and parts people, they realized I wasn't from around there and the bike didn't come from their shop. In any case, they won't get any business from me. 

Check out WOW motorcycles. That is where I bought my FZ. They wont haggle much either, and they only sell used but the service was all up to date when I rolled off the lot.

Cycle Specialty and Freedom Powersports are worth looking into as well. Mountain certainly has a decent monopoly on the area. They are the same way with their service departments as well.

also if you are going to look on craigslist for used bikes make sure to do some research about what to look for to make sure it is in good condition etc.

Also do some research on what the title should look like/how it should be signed over. If the signature on the back does not match the name on the front perfectly (letter for letter) you will not be able to register it in Georgia and will have a large paperweight. 

Dont get sold a stolen bike.

17 hours ago, firstyammerha said:

Egad, Grant317181 and Chuvids. $3500 or so for a 2016 bike with 2000 miles! I had mine on Craigslist for $6000 and had a couple of offers in that $3500 area but I'm not willing to give the thing away yet. I could probably get that as trade in on another bike. The salesman I talked to at Extreme a year or so ago was very promising too when I talked to him about trading the -07 for a 300 Ninja or R3 and he even offered to give me money back on the trade! I've never had that happen before. I don't remember the salesman name but if he delivered your bike 65 miles from the shop gratis, it maybe the same guy. And as far as my comment on the service and parts people, they realized I wasn't from around there and the bike didn't come from their shop. In any case, they won't get any business from me. 

I did quite a bit of searching before I found that deal, its all very situational. He needed the $$ and I wanted something to wrench on. This was also bone stock, but couldn't pass on it 

firstyammerha

WoW in Marietta is a one stop shop for used bikes but they don't deal. They are like the CarMax of bike shops. I've bought bikes from Cycle Specialty early in my riding career but never seemed to get the good customer/shop relationship thing from them. The sales attitude nowadays seems to be to get your money and a bike out the door. Just like at a car dealership. Repeat business is no guarantee of  respect come buying time.

SuddenlyTurtles
On 10/3/2018 at 4:48 PM, firstyammerha said:

WoW in Marietta is a one stop shop for used bikes but they don't deal. They are like the CarMax of bike shops. I've bought bikes from Cycle Specialty early in my riding career but never seemed to get the good customer/shop relationship thing from them. The sales attitude nowadays seems to be to get your money and a bike out the door. Just like at a car dealership. Repeat business is no guarantee of  respect come buying time.

Cycle specialty has gone down hill since I was last there about 2 years ago. It seems like their sales manager was the only thing holding them up. Quoted 9k OTD and that was his super secret good deal for me. Mega Motorsports on the other hand $7k out the door. 

It's a shame they lost their consistency and customer service. 

50 minutes ago, SuddenlyTurtles said:

Cycle specialty has gone down hill since I was last there about 2 years ago. It seems like their sales manager was the only thing holding them up. Quoted 9k OTD and that was his super secret good deal for me. Mega Motorsports on the other hand $7k out the door. 

It's a shame they lost their consistency and customer service. 

I feel the same way. I used to use Cycle Specialty for my dirt bikes but they definitely havent been the same over the last few years. I have had good interactions with Freedom Powersports in McDonough but Ive only bought parts and gear from them. Never a bike.

I bought my first bike from WOW (1992 Honda Rebel 😂) and have always liked it up there. You just have to wait for the right deal to show up.

I bought my FZ off of craigslist and got really lucky. You can find some good deals but you really gotta do the research. I bought my FZ in February when it was nice and cold and average prices were much lower than they are right now while its still warm out.

Archived