The MT-07 Forum

No more logging in with Facebook credentials

Cruizin

EDIT: Thank God I shut that function off months ago.  I saw this coming, too many holes in FB so I shut off the ability to login here with FB credentials and I got a few email complaints about it.  Well, now they know why I shut that down. 

The hack this week on FB is pretty F’in real. Gaining access tokens allowed the hackers to gain access to other systems that rely on fb’s, “login with Facebook” which includes apps like tinder and Airbnb.. So if you and your besties are renting a getaway in the mountains, You might just want to cancel those plans. There’s no telling where the intruders we’re located at this time. Or how much they actually know about you, or your whereabouts #yesyou #facebookhack

Change your Facebook password, asap folks. And any apps that you login to using your Facebook credentials, go in and change to manual login, clear your Facebook credentials out of the app.

Facebook is not stable now. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Facebook is not stable now. 

Was it ever REALLY stable? 

Legit question from someone who's never used facebook.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator
5 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Was it ever REALLY stable? 

Legit question from someone who's never used facebook.

From the comments I see on FB there are very few stable people there :P.  

I do not understand why anyone would log in to another site with their FB login.  I know it is convenient, but convenience is the enemy of security. 

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, rick said:

I'm still trying to figure out why someone would want a "smart" refrigerator. 

Until I can remote into my fridge on my way home from work to find out how many eggs I have left and how much milk is left and what the expiration date of said milk is..... I'm not really sure.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

You use up most of yer perishables and go on vacation. The fridge somehow does inventory, sees yer running low, and then orders up $$$ worth of food that's delivered and rots at your front door. 

think I've asked this before - what's Facebook?

Reports coming out on Admon forums suggest that the hackers have the credit card info of any of the users who ever bought anything via Facebook.   If true, this is gonna get really freaking ugly. 

This is why Smaller forums are still relevant. We don't get hacked because we don't store anything that a hacker would want.  Forum donations are all done Via PayPal, so we don't have to store any credit card info on our server. 

We actually have better security protocols than Facebook, as well. 

Big social media platforms are just too big to properly secure. The avg person doesn't understand this but those big networks with thousands of things going on at once, they are full of security holes to keep everything working together. 

• Global Moderator
12 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I don't have any skill with programming or networking and I was just able to follow one of the vids instructions for token access and was able to access my sister's and a few different friend's account It's been what, 2 days and they haven't patched up their security yet?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived