The MT-07 Forum

immobilizer, the European ignorant

enduro250

as most of you know, the European models have an ignorant function

Transponder in key is unlocking ECU.

has anyone of you experience in deactivating this European immobilizer function?
I am a little a fried , just to use the US default file.

and additional, doesn't make sense to send my ECU to one of the US tuner
so I have to buy one of this flash tools 

is there anyone in this forum has experience with the European immobilizer function?

• Premium Member

I do know from experience on my FJ-09 that it will not start the bike on an EU file but the conputer will transfer it... apparently a few wires are in diffrent locations in the wire ECU pin block between US and EU bikes... 

thats all I know about the immobilizer...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 6 months later...
tarmacjapan

Japanese models have immobiliser now too. Is this going to be a problem if I try and flash my ECU to a US spec flash?

2wheeldynoworks

The EU model ECUs have a different serial number than the US model ECUs. Do NOT flash an EU, or any ECU with an "overseas" immobilizer for that matter, with a US serial numbered image. You will lose your immobilizer function, the bike won't start, and you will have to go through a very, very length reset procedure with either us or Flash Tune to restore the functionality of your ECU.

We have all of our mapping perfectly translated over to all of the EU and "overseas" serial numbered ECUs, so we can flash them with all of our custom mapping without issue!

Archived