The MT-07 Forum

Popular Mechanics Niken article sounds like an Adverisement to me

DewMan

• Premium Member

I would like to demo one but the bike weight is a deal breaker for me using the same CP3 motor... a FZ/FJ-09 is approx 430# and the Niken darn close to 600#... if it was way way closer to 500# I may think about buying one after a demo... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

The bike deserves credit and admiration from a mechanical standpoint. Engineers will appreciate this machine.

But will they buy it? It's like those bicycles you see once in a while where the guy is laying down while peddling on the side of the road. Ok, it's different but dorky and doesn't make you any faster, it's just different. 

This bike will fail. It will be a giant waste of money and they could have launched the Tenere 700 instead and be taking gazzilions of preorder revenue because so many people want the T-7 .  

Yamaha was on a roll with the mt-07, mt-09 and tracer 900. 

Someone will get fired over the Niken. An entire Dept will get fired over this.

Yamaha, give us the Tenere 700. The bike we have been asking for. 

12 hours ago, Cruizin said:

The bike deserves credit and admiration from a mechanical standpoint. Engineers will appreciate this machine.

As an engineer, the simplest solution is always better than the more complex one. I absolutely hate when I see "over-engineered" because it is nearly 100% of the time a case of something being truly UNDER-engineered. A properly engineered part will be elegant in its simplicity, not its complexity. 

1 hour ago, cyow5 said:

As an engineer, the simplest solution is always better than the more complex one. I absolutely hate when I see "over-engineered" because it is nearly 100% of the time a case of something being truly UNDER-engineered. A properly engineered part will be elegant in its simplicity, not its complexity. 

I was just trying to say something nice about this bike. 

8 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I was just trying to say something nice about this bike. 

Hahaha, yeah, there is definitely talent in getting something like this work. I suspect though that the engineers had a gun to their heads though held by the marketing people. 

Archived