The MT-07 Forum

Can't Help It!! Must Wheelie!!

Tark

Again, love the wheelies angle of the camera. As I said on your YT, cagers are just plain dirty jealous of you being able to go around them. They would rather want EVERY body to wait with them and stock in traffic. Very selfish of them. Not an issue on the other side of the pound, where people are often more understanding of others and not me, me, me first.

Are you doing power wheelies in second gear? I've gotten those down pretty good. Started playing around with third gear clutch up wheelies. Found out I was able to carry a wheelie a lot longer that way. Try third gear clutch ups! It's a whole new game lol

Are you doing power wheelies in second gear? I've gotten those down pretty good. Started playing around with third gear clutch up wheelies. Found out I was able to carry a wheelie a lot longer that way. Try third gear clutch ups! It's a whole new game lol
lol I'm nervous as hell doing 2nd gear powers. I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet.

lol I'm nervous as hell doing 2nd gear powers. I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet.
Lol yea second gear powers are a little nerve racking. It gets easier with time. Just cover that rear brake!! I would suggest learning rear brake control before attempting higher wheelies. I wish there was a rear handbrake kit for this bike I'd pick one up in a heartbeat lol

As far doing power wheelies in 2nd, all I do is:

1) Get the bike to 6k RPM, in 2nd.

2) Let off the throttle so the engine brakes hard.

3) Rip the throttle.

If that doesn't work for you try getting the bike to 6k RPM faster then let off the throttle.

• 2 years later...

^^ Oh to be young and brainless again

NOT

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

To the OP, IMO you need to work at a lower RPM in second and stop chopping.  The bike will pull the front up in 2nd without the chop.  As it is seen in the video you are running out of engine the way you are trying.  Learn to short shift and work the torque the motor has. 

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I didnt revivie it, I hope the guy finally learned to wheely

HEY
I got more posts than you

👃e

@r1limitedYup.  And I read most of yours and a few other peoples.  Nothing but respect for ya'll and ya'll's wisdom and advice (and humor). 

Oh, I was replying to Cruizin in my previous post.

All i can say is it feels great to 'feel' like you're #1 and liberating to tell people you think they are #1 as well. 😏

Beemer

On 10/13/2017 at 10:43 AM, r1limited said:

To the OP, IMO you need to work at a lower RPM in second and stop chopping. Learn to short shift and work the torque the motor has. 

In your opinion, is this the best way to learn to wheelie on this bike? Because I usually like 3rd gear clutch up at 3-4k rpm since it feels a lot more controllable and smooth than second gear, but it comes up so effortlessly in second. I can't hit balance point yet so I end up chasing it as long as I can, trying to get it closer and closer to balance point.

And advice from a wise guru like yourself would be appreciated.

I am at a dead stop, pull in the clutch, Hold it wide open to the rev limiter then dump the clutch.

Its all about feel and knowing and you do not get that until you have saddle time.  My only suggestion to anyone learning to wheelie is simple.  By a uni-cycle you will thank me later

@beemer There can be only one :)

Archived