The MT-07 Forum

My 2018 Mt-07 w/ first year mods

Sqvint

Nice looking bike, I love the shiny black with red trim/accents. One of my friends had an old SR500 that had the same color scheme, very nice!

Beemer

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

Nice looking bike, I love the shiny black with red trim/accents. One of my friends had an old SR500 that had the same color scheme, very nice!

Thank you! One can never go wrong with red on black.

Nice. Is that an Ixil exhaust? It looks better in your pictures that theirs if it is? How does it sound? Is it much louder than stock? Ihave a million questions.  Ok................no, I don't have a million questions. Still, looking good. 👍

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

• Premium Member

Nice looking ride!!!! I have the same year (2016 USA).... My opinion - best looking color scheme ever! (they only did one year) I was fortunate enough to find a "carry-over" -  2016 brand new in early 2017. I use it primarily as a track bike, and have I also have brand-new "take-off" bodywork in my garage. I hope I never need it!!!!  😎

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

I was just looking at the seat on the bike and how it is more molded/shaped to relieve pressure on the inside of the legs when they hang off the side and that was a good start toward improving the FZ but if Yamaha also simply used a 1/2 inch of the best gel in the seat it would make a world of difference in comfort and they would hear less complaining about it not being any good for distance riding. I would just about bet your bike on it. 😉  Ok, I would bet 100 clams.

Beemer

Looking good,

I added few strips of black electrical tape over brake reservoir to avoid attention, like the red cap. Kept the  backside open to view level with flashlight.

437703001_rear_brake_reservoir_bracket_20180912_2059351.thumb.jpg.7389e0a398c9f3d42bb70b7d3ce4d780.jpg

Archived