The MT-07 Forum

Clipon or not to clipon

emperor_Wurm

Hey, 

Im looking to make the fz look/feel a little more aggressive, but im not 100% convinced I should. I use this bike as my DD and though it is currently a fairly comfortable ride, I would like it to be a little more aggressive for weekend canyon runs, etc. I am 6'3 190 lbs, would putting clip on's on the FZ be too uncomfortable for a man of my stature? Please let me know your experiences with Clip-on's, Thanks.

I would try low handlebars , if you drill the holes it is just a question of 10/20 minutes  to change between them !

is not extremely expensive ( in Italy you will pay 50/60 euros for ergal and a little less for steel ) 

• Premium Member

I commute on my fz07 with clip-ons.  I used to have drag bars, but went with the clip-ons to get the 5 degree downward angle that is normally designed in.  For what ever reason, it feels more comfortable cornering with that downward angle.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

7 hours ago, Beemer said:

This set-up would make your bike look more aggressive. It's the "Rifleman" look. 

th.jpg

I have this already. 😏

• Premium Member

I understand where you are at.... The OEM bars are NOT good. I agonized over what bars to buy as well. I'm 49 years old, and ridden sport bikes for most of my adult life. After having "fusions" done on my neck (from poor choices I made in my 20's), I'm now locked into riding a more "upright" bike-  (why I got the FZ-07). I poured though this forum, looking for ANY information on what direction to go.... It seems like everyone seems to like the Renthal "ultra-low". I was nervous about pulling the trigger on them, because I didn't KNOW if they would be too low??? It turns out that I made a good call. The "ultra-lows" are EXACTLY what I was looking for!!!! I would suggest you try them.... They are actually pretty cheap to purchase, and If you don't like them, people on this forum are always looking to buy them-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Gonna do the Woodcraft 1.5s (up position) in the spring.  Want the look and feel of clip-ons without going too low.  I think I will like them.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

• Premium Member

That should be pretty close to the Renthal "ultra-lows"..... Let us know hat you think-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Archived