Jeremy9336

Rider profile / Bike ergonomics

Jeremy9336

I am new to the FZ-07 platform and I am very close to picking one up if the ergonomics fit. I am 6' 1", will this bike be too small/short? Any other tall riders out there?

mick97702

I'm 6' 2" with a 36" inseam an 76” arm span. I don't feel cramped on it. 

• Like 1

tavisb

Pretty comfy for me at at 6'. Feels like I could have an extra inch or two of inseam and be fine.

• Like 1

sorkyah

6'1 and a 32"inseam

Could only wish for the pegs to be moved back a bit

• Like 1

emperor_Wurm

6"3 and no issues with comfort.

Jeremy9336

THANKS! Great replies and very helpful information. I'm 95% sure I'll get this model and look forward to more discussions. Looked at some of the other posts about mods and such.... GREAT GROUP.

• Like 1

shinyribs

6'2" and 220lbs here.32" inseam. I put on Protaper's "ADV Evo" handlebar and raised the seat height roughly 3/4" by adding some foam under the stock seat cover. I've done 7hrs at a time with only fuel stops and was completely comfortable. But I also did some 5+ hr rides on the stock seat and wasn't horribly uncomfortable then. I never could jive with the stock bars, but it was more of a wrist angle issue , not so much a lack of space. 

• Like 1

zooman72

I am 6'1" w/ 34" inseam at 207 lbs. (195 lbs. in my youth) and I tried out a bunch of bikes before picking up the FZ-07, and I liked the ergonomics on it the best out of all the models test-driven.  Wanted a smaller lightweight sportbike (already have a big somewhat heavy cruiser - Yamaha Stryker), and the closest competitors I drove were the Kawasaki Z650 and Ninja 400 - both just a bit more cramped in seat-to-peg distance (and the Z650 buzzed a lot!).  The Ninja 400 is a sweet little bike, but just not as comfortable as the FZ-07, and the larger engine in the FZ-07 is a bit more fun.

My biggest issue is the stock suspension, so I picked up beefier fork springs and higher viscosity fork oil and a used Penske shock to combat serious front fork dive and insufficient damping.  The 2018 FZ-07 has revised both the front and rear suspension a bit, but probably not enough if you are over 190 lbs.  Something to keep in mind after learning the bikes tendencies with a bit of saddle time.

• Like 1

Beemer

5' 8" with old knees that like to bark after a couple hours in the saddle whereas they never used to. Age/health may be a factor as well.