The MT-07 Forum

GEICO ROADSIDE DOESNT JUMP MOTORCYCLES

Kyuzo

FYI GEICO DOESNT JUMP MOTORCYCLES. 

Early  Friday evening forgot to turn off ignitiion when i pulled over to clean a bug off my face shield.

15 minutes later (Other non bike issues came up) I go to start my bike and realize I dont have enough juice.

There is no safe place to roll start it.

Called Geico. Geico says we cannot jump a bike,  but we can tow/hoist it. WTF!

Then I asked if they could ask the tow service if they could jump...

They said the tow service could jump it but Geico would not cover it. WTF!

Luckily got a frind who lived near by to help me jump.

***BTW the battery was not connected to the car***  So no chanve of frying my electronics

Started right away.

So basically been paying GEICO Roadside assistance for 20+ years car/bike and 1st time I have a bike issue it doesnt cover it...

WTF!

Investing in one of those phone sized  handheld portable jump starters, Just hope when the time comes it wil have some juice in the next 20 years... 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Kyuzo said:

FYI GEICO DOESNT JUMP MOTORCYCLES. 

Early  Friday evening forgot to turn off ignitiion when i pulled over to clean a bug off my face shield.

15 minutes later (Other non bike issues came up) I go to start my bike and realize I dont have enough juice.

I'd be more concerned why my battery would holdn't enough charge after only sitting for 15 mins. 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

4 hours ago, DewMan said:

I'd be more concerned why my battery would holdn't enough charge after only sitting for 15 mins. 

Well, yeah, but still. Dude is paying for roadside assistance and doesn't get a hand with a very simple task when he needs help. A dead battery is something that can sneak up on anyone unexpectedly, and one of the main reasons something like this would be subscribed to. 

Not saying there wasn't something they should have done other than offer a tow, I mean, maybe they could have asked their contracted to company to bring a jump box though not sure if that is a "safer" way or not....but not offering to jump start a motorcycle may have something to do with that a motorcycle charging system is a bit different from a car and that their RA agreements may not allow for that due to liability if they jump start you and your charging system gets buggered because of the jump or something gets fried immediately.

Did they say why? Did you ask why? These are deeper questions for them to answer.

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

No they didn't say what I didn't pursue since I wanted to get home. But like WTF they put in millions advertising moto insurance and can't even jump a bike... Anyhow liked said before gona invest in a jumper power pack...

Archived