The MT-07 Forum

This thing is crazy

CriticalCore

I've got a Fz07 just a few days ago, started riding earlier in March on a Ninja 300, had some close calls and dropped the poor bike but got a good feel of things after, going full throttle was pretty normal, felt lacking at times, little over 6ft so wanted something more comfortable as well. More usable power to have fun on especially on low rpms and less aggresive ergo's, wasn't too keen on SS so ended up checkin out the Fz's

And oh man, just this week, first time getting on it, 1/5 or 1/4 throttle in first few gears gets you f@#king going. 1/2 throttle gets you right above the speed limit in less than a second, its crazy how fast this feels. I didn't think I'd need anything bigger when I start on the 300 but that changed eventually after going on the highway, with the amount of power in the low & top end highway speeds I really don't think I'll need anything bigger now.

The power spike feels gigantic, can't imagine why'd I'd ever want something faster, planning on keepin this bike for years probably. I  was excited about doing some power wheelies, I think I'll wait a couple weeks maybe month before even attempting those... Just so fast goddam.

• Global Moderator

Weight to the FZ-07 family @CriticalCore. You are doing the right thing by taking it easy and getting used to the bike.  I have had mine for over for years and am still more than happy with the power.  Now your modding can begin (I do not want to add up how much I have spent on upgrades, but it is fun to do). 

Had mine for 3 years and still keen to ride it every time. I have only modded the seat. What a bike; seems nothing comes close in its class.

Just do it! 

• Premium Member

Its a "blank canvas" full of character... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

If I may suggest, if you're looking to try wheelies for the first time I highly recommend you try finding a dirt bike school and wreck their bikes instead of yours while practicing wheelies. It's not to say 'you will' wreck but why take a chance and hurt your baby or yourself on asphalt? GL whatever you choose. Got any pics of your bike?

Beemer

4 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Its a "blank canvas" full of character... 

Anybody who says that Japanese bikes have no soul has never ridden a FZ-07.  It's so lively and spunky, there has to be a soul in there somewhere...

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

17 hours ago, CriticalCore said:

I've got a Fz07 just a few days ago, started riding earlier in March on a Ninja 300, had some close calls and dropped the poor bike but got a good feel of things after, going full throttle was pretty normal, felt lacking at times, little over 6ft so wanted something more comfortable as well. More usable power to have fun on especially on low rpms and less aggresive ergo's, wasn't too keen on SS so ended up checkin out the Fz's

And oh man, just this week, first time getting on it, 1/5 or 1/4 throttle in first few gears gets you f@#king going. 1/2 throttle gets you right above the speed limit in less than a second, its crazy how fast this feels. I didn't think I'd need anything bigger when I start on the 300 but that changed eventually after going on the highway, with the amount of power in the low & top end highway speeds I really don't think I'll need anything bigger now.

The power spike feels gigantic, can't imagine why'd I'd ever want something faster, planning on keepin this bike for years probably. I  was excited about doing some power wheelies, I think I'll wait a couple weeks maybe month before even attempting those... Just so fast goddam.

Welcome to the forum @CriticalCore . Now is the time to place your pin on the member map on the top of the forum, also be sure to upload a profile pic too.    Also be sure to sign up for news emails and announcements so you don't miss out on any sales or promotions. 

• 2 weeks later...
CriticalCore
On 9/21/2018 at 8:40 PM, mjh937 said:

Weight to the FZ-07 family @CriticalCore. You are doing the right thing by taking it easy and getting used to the bike.  I have had mine for over for years and am still more than happy with the power.  Now your modding can begin (I do not want to add up how much I have spent on upgrades, but it is fun to do). 

You know, for Modding I actually like the stock exhaust.

Had a Yoshi on the Ninja 300 and it was loud as hell, leaning towards keeping the pipes stock for a while probably, may come around eventually lol. 

45 minutes ago, CriticalCore said:

You know, for Modding I actually like the stock exhaust.

Had a Yoshi on the Ninja 300 and it was loud as hell, leaning towards keeping the pipes stock for a while probably, may come around eventually lol. 

I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. If you aren't going to race it I don't see the point. Sure, a new pipe may shave some weight off and add a few more ponies ( + appearance) but with normal riding you don't really notice that and then you have to hassle with tuning, etc. When my pipe is pooped out I'm putting my original pipe back on. I may modify it a little to get a little more growl out of it but that's it. Besides, stock was plenty fast enough for me.

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...

Beemer, As you mentioned an aftermarket exhaust drops the weight and we have all talked about that at some stage. In my opinion, it is the only real reason for making the change. HP diff is marginal ( though they do seem to boost mid torque a bit) and sound is , well, sound.

What I just realized is that I, nor anybody else, actually said if you notice the weight change. So I am saying it now. You really DO notice the weight change ( at least to a Carbon Akra). And it is very positive. True, only if you like chucking around though , and particularly when chucking it side to side through tight twisties.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

On 9/21/2018 at 5:20 PM, CriticalCore said:

And oh man, just this week, first time getting on it, 1/5 or 1/4 throttle in first few gears gets you f@#king going.

this motor has a TON of grunt down low. When you're not used to it and you only use some of the available power, it certainly gives the impression that it's some monster of a motor that won't quite giving. Once you get more experience on it, you'll start to notice the top end doesn't quite have the same visceral feel as the lower half the RPM range.

Personally I'm a HUGE fan of this characteristic as you actually get to have a butt load of fun at sane speeds and around town. It's still plenty fast enough on the top end (particularly after exhaust + tune + airfilter)

Enjoy the bike man!

Archived