The MT-07 Forum

FTR 1200 Coming out Oct 1

r1limited

120 h.p., 85 ft.lb. of torque and starting at $13k!!! Sadly, the weight isn't what we'd hoped for. (508 wet) I expected the S model to be lighter but it's actually heavier but it does appear that they kept the weight lower to the ground. If I had anything to do with the design I would've kept it at a 2-1 exhaust to shed some fat. That rear passenger seat at least on the S model would be gone also along with some other things but a person could possibly do all that themselves with a little ingenuity. Can hardly shake a stick at the dual 320mm Brembo's up front.

https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/flat-track-race/ftr1200/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=selligent&utm_campaign=ind_1810_ftr_1200_intro#video

Beemer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the exhaust and rear tail are the biggest issues overall - will be interesting to see what the aftermarket brings in the way of exhaust options.  I personally don't think the weight will be that problematic for most riders - it isn't a supersport or "hypernaked"...

if you have ever seen the hoolagin class at a GNC race.  these bikes will be snagged up by the riders and built out with parts from Roland Sands

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

Cycle World first look video:

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived