The MT-07 Forum

FTR 1200 Coming out Oct 1

r1limited

15 to 19k, I am betting.  if that is the case it is a no go for me.  If I have to pay that I would much rather put that money into turning my FZ into a GNC ama spec'd mile bike.  Which is actually my plan.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
5 hours ago, Beemer said:

I believe that Polaris can make about anything if they put their mind to it. They seem to want to be a flexible company and whatever they make they make it well.

Which is why I love my victory jackpot.. RIP Victory lol

• Premium Member
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, Cruizin said:

I think this is the actual bike.  If so, I will really want to test ride one.  Harley knew this was coming and that's why they announced all the new bikes they were working on. 

2019-Indian-Motorcycle-FTR-1200.jpg

I love how nobody ever has a decent quality leaked picture. It's 2018 and most of us have smart phones, but even if it is a potato picture it sure looks nice! 🤤😍

43 minutes ago, Laben said:

I love how nobody ever has a decent quality leaked picture. It's 2018 and most of us have smart phones, but even if it is a potato picture it sure looks nice! 

some smart phones are pretty stupid

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

20 hours ago, r1limited said:

15 to 19k, I am betting.  if that is the case it is a no go for me.  If I have to pay that I would much rather put that money into turning my FZ into a GNC ama spec'd mile bike.  Which is actually my plan.

It's not a Vmax so I'm betting it's 15k or under. Let's kick old father time in the arse and speed it up, I can hardly wait!

Beemer

20 hours ago, MT27 said:

All the talk about indian, should Yamaha build one?

FZ07a.jpg

Imagine an FZ12 (1200 cc) parallel twin flat tracker for street that weighs in around 425 lbs. Oops, I just drooled on myself. 🤤

Beemer

@MT27 Yamaha already built a concept bike of the DT-07.  I have heard via the grapevine that frames and engine componets much like what yamaha did with Shel Thuett kits in the 70s were offered via Yamaha GYTR, that there will be parts available.  I heard 2019/2020.  Jeff Pelgyi built the first concepts, however there is a frame company in So Cal that is building frames for AMA GNC and exclusive for Yamaha. 

Yamaha-DT-07-Concept-revealed.jpg

They both look nice.

The mt07 just does not have enough motor .

The mt09 does but if you are going to build a triple flat tracker. Why not build

a mt10 version of a tz750 tracker? 150 hp with the flat plane crank sound. 

UgbZZp4.jpg

I have to disagree on the MT07 has no motor.  When you have an R&D budget unlimted such as Indians FTR750 and build a purpose built bike around said engine, well you dominate.  Such as Honda did with the RS750 when HD XR750's ruled the roost for decades.  Then Honda disapeared and HD dominated again as they were the only game in town with a purpose built bike that literally costs 25k to send back for a rebuild "A FEW TIMES A YEAR"

So along comes the Kawi 650 and starts beating XR at its game,  Then all teams started to float toward the kawi motor.  AMA loosened up the rules to allow for Triumph, KTM, Ducati, Suzuki to bring in 900cc bikes and they all failed.  So really a 900 cannot beat a purpose built 750.  Yamaha has attempted to bring Babe DeMay in, not sure what happened to that entire process, but if Demay had the backing and or Yamaha pulled out, we would see a much larger effort on the Yamaha 07.  Mickey Rush, Cory Texter, Jake Johnson, Halbert (Now with HD) all are pretty formidable riders on the 07 and do well.  The 07 has the potential, it needs the money bags of Yamaha and proper tuner to get it done. 

With bikes at this stage in this arena are pitted against each other,,, It really is all about who is the man and who is not.  Right now Jarrod Meese owns it all.  Would he be any different on a 07?  I say NO, he would beat them all but not as badly as he does on the FTR750

First XR750 I rode had a BDM engine in it. Fun as hell.
Around 1990-91 I thought about taking a Axtell Mountain Motor sportster engine and sticking it in a XR750 chassis. That would have been a fun 130 hp street bike. 

The reason I would not build a mt07 street tracker is every ride you would come away with the thought - This thing deserves another 20 hp or this thing would be so much more fun with another 20 hp.

1 hour ago, MT27 said:

Clutched it up. Yawn.

Said the pozer

12 hours ago, MT27 said:

Care to explain?

Maybe he realized he had one lap to go in a race so he took it out on you.

Now r1, you should know better, go to your room!

Beemer

12 hours ago, MT27 said:

Care to explain?

Sure, Only a pozer would make such a demonstrable ignoramulous comment such as that.

44 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Maybe he realized he had one lap to go in a race so he took it out on you.

Now r1, you should know better, go to your room!

👉😝👈

3 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Sure, Only a pozer would make such a demonstrable ignoramulous comment such as that.

👉😝👈

I tried. 🙄

Beemer

22 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I tried. 🙄

Try Not you must
Do

YODA.jpg

Really diggin this new Indian.  Much more so than the Harley Streetfighter.

I won't give Harley a dime of my money just on principle.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Because I am not impressed with a 1200 cc bike needing to be clutched to do a wheelie. I get called a poser by a guy that rides a r1 limited and uses r1limited as his form name so that everyone on the internet will know that he has a r1. Funny as hell.

Archived