The MT-07 Forum

A question about the AP Link

enduro250

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Have at it, that's what I did.

Don't forget there's a lot of fulcrums, bell cranks, levers, angles and dangles that figure in. I am still fascinated to play with it, makes my fat head hurt. And this one is relatively simple w/o any scissor type levers in it.  I'm sitting here right now with a small bungee in place of the shock messing with it. 😉

Wrap your head around that.  :)

250r pro-link.jpg

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, wmhjr said:

Have any of you played with the newer rear suspension links from Andy that allow you to mount the DDS Lite for example?  

The  STX46 still doesn't give me what I'm looking for when pushed past 85%   For track days or street it's a great solution, but I think that it's been limiting in racing this year.

Nope.  Did not know he had a link that would allow that.  How does a new link allow for the DDS K-tech to fit? 

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

It inverts the shock to make room from what I understand, reversing the clevis and shaft attachments and allowing clearance for the canister.    

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, wmhjr said:

It inverts the shock to make room from what I understand, reversing the clevis and shaft attachments and allowing clearance for the canister.    

So the shock body end with the canister, ends up at the wheel?  I have seen a picture of that on a FZ07R, but did not think the link would affect the install.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, wmhjr said:

My understanding is that it's a completely different link and setup, and changes the geometry.

I think I found a picture of it on the internet....

images.jpg

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 1 year later...
On 11/9/2018 at 11:15 AM, blackout said:

I think I found a picture of it on the internet....

5 hours ago, hxman said:

Actually the "newer" link is as follows and has been tested with an Ohlins rear from Corndog.

New_Link3.jpg

LoL 

I make that link.  Cornwell did the geometry and I did the mechanical design and analysis.  My logo is where it’s smudged off. 

That was the first prototype.  The revised version was first tested on Draiks bike and given to Darren James and Cornwell at NJMP.  

• Like 2

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products