Jump to content
enduro250

A question about the AP Link

Recommended Posts

enduro250

Please can anyone explain to me, how this link is working?
it is the connection between the frame and the  redirection lever (sorry, don't now the correct translation) 

Is it shorter or longer then stock ( assume longer, to increase the ride height )
Is there a change in the progression?
What is the effect?
is it the same when I use the length adjustment of my rear shock ( I have this option on my Hyperpro)

THX in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackout
8 minutes ago, enduro250 said:

Please can anyone explain to me, how this link is working?
it is the connection between the frame and the  redirection lever (sorry, don't now the correct translation) 

Is it shorter or longer then stock ( assume longer, to increase the ride height )
Is there a change in the progression?
What is the effect?
is it the same when I use the length adjustment of my rear shock ( I have this option on my Hyperpro)

THX in advance

The link is shorter.  It increases ride height, therefore swing arm angle.  The purpose is to increase rear anti-squat.  A swingarm angle of 11 to 12.5 degrees at full extension is what we need.  Stock is a few degrees below this.  I do not think lengthening the shock will get you enough angle.  And at some point the shock clevis will bind on the L-link.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enduro250

ok thx, 
I think, I can follow you.
additional question: I found some different L - Links as well.
Have I to change it Consequently as well?
or makes it sense to change both parts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackout

Just do the shorter AP link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mad
1 hour ago, blackout said:

The link is shorter.  It increases ride height, therefore swing arm angle.  The purpose is to increase rear anti-squat.  A swingarm angle of 11 to 12.5 degrees at full extension is what we need.  Stock is a few degrees below this.  I do not think lengthening the shock will get you enough angle.  And at some point the shock clevis will bind on the L-link.

Do you know how much difference there is between oem and ap ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackout
3 minutes ago, Mad said:

Do you know how much difference there is between oem and ap ? 

Actual length of link??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mad

Yes !  I'm trying to decide between a lot of different solutions . . But is almost impossible to find the length of the ap link 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enduro250

I would buy Andy's Link, but he is not shipping international 
I am looking for a solution  🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mossrider

7mm shorter

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enduro250

but these plates  gives your more movement in lowering

" . . . These new plates allow for range of -35mm(-1 1/2"), -25mm(-1"), stock & +25mm (+1") rear ride height, . . . "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackout
4 minutes ago, enduro250 said:

but these plates  gives your more movement in lowering

" . . . These new plates allow for range of -35mm(-1 1/2"), -25mm(-1"), stock & +25mm (+1") rear ride height, . . . "

Yah, no one will lower a race bike.  So not very helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mad

I belive that this is more or less an increase of 3 cm or even more 

25 mm the Extreme creations

Maybe 30 mm the Ap 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackout

Here is an old thread of the custom link I machined.  It is 3/16" shorter, raised the rear 5/8", and increased the swingarm angle at full extension to 10.8 degrees.  So, it's currently a little longer than the AP link.  The AP link would bring the swingarm angle into it's sweet spot of 11 to 12.5 degrees (Info from Dave Moss, BTW).  I will be shortening my link this winter another 1/8".

 

 

0828160958.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.