Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shinyribs

Healtech Speedohealer

Recommended Posts

shinyribs

I tried to search the topic before starting a thread, but no luck. 

 

I went to Healtech's site to poke around and their distributor link brought me to this site:

https://shop.bluemonkeymotorsports.com/Speedohealer-for-Yamaha_p_47.html#

 

I was surprised at the price. I did not think they would be that expensive! Also, if you do go to order one it asks "which harness type". I'm lost there. 

 

Anyone fooled with one of these things? My speedo being off is really annoying me, but I don't know what to think about the harness type question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norcal616

SH-Y04 is the harness... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shinyribs

Great! Thank you!

 

Not that I don't trust you, but for my own curiosity, how did you determine that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norcal616

used the compatibility tab on Healtech webpage they had near bottom of page...I plugged in a 2015 F-07...showed list of parts available with part numbers needed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mad

They justify the price by letting you reuse it on another bike just by buying the harness,  rapid bike does the same , it sucks at firs but it is quite cool if you change bikes frequently 

Edited by Mad
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shinyribs
9 hours ago, norcal616 said:

used the compatibility tab on Healtech webpage they had near bottom of page...I plugged in a 2015 F-07...showed list of parts available with part numbers needed...

Huge face palm for me. I have no idea how I missed that the first time. Thanks, man. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rushdewalt
18 hours ago, shinyribs said:

I tried to search the topic before starting a thread, but no luck. 

 

I went to Healtech's site to poke around and their distributor link brought me to this site:

https://shop.bluemonkeymotorsports.com/Speedohealer-for-Yamaha_p_47.html#

 

I was surprised at the price. I did not think they would be that expensive! Also, if you do go to order one it asks "which harness type". I'm lost there. 

 

Anyone fooled with one of these things? My speedo being off is really annoying me, but I don't know what to think about the harness type question. 

How much is  the speedo off since you replaced the front sprocket and are you still happy with the change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shinyribs

I am happy with the change. The bike never feels underpowered at any speed, it just revs less. I'm seeing roughly +3mpg for my use. Wheelies are smoother- easier to come up and hold them. No complaints aside from the speedo. Your average pull away from a light and get up to speed situation feels MUCH less rushed and busy now. However, I typically shift 1-3-5 when around town. The can still handle shifting 2-5 for ultimately laziness, but it chugs a bit more than I like. 1st gear easily gets you to about 20 mph now revving comfortably. 

 

I can tell the bike is not as snappy in certain corners when I'm out hooning,  but it's a very slight thing. Nothing a downshift doesn't fix. I won't be going back to stock. 

 

 

I never checked the stock speedo against gps, so I don't know how far off it was to begin with. Right now the speedo reads:

 

2-3mph slow @25mph

4-5mph slow @45mph

6-7mph slow @65mph

 

I didn't attempt to check any other speeds. Those are the crucial ones for my area, and anything over 65mph I'm speeding anyway. 

 

I also just want my odo to log accurately. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r1limited

I thought the right twisty thing on the bars that your right hand attaches to fixed all that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shinyribs
6 hours ago, r1limited said:

I thought the right twisty thing on the bars that your right hand attaches to fixed all that

The right twisty things fixes everything that's wrong in the world. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shinyribs

If anyone else is immediately thinking of buying one of these, shoot me a PM and I may be able to save you some money. 

 

I swear I'm not up to anything sketchy, but I feel it would be tacky to discuss it in public chat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.