The MT-07 Forum

Healtech Speedohealer

shinyribs

I tried to search the topic before starting a thread, but no luck. 

I went to Healtech's site to poke around and their distributor link brought me to this site:

https://shop.bluemonkeymotorsports.com/Speedohealer-for-Yamaha_p_47.html#

I was surprised at the price. I did not think they would be that expensive! Also, if you do go to order one it asks "which harness type". I'm lost there. 

Anyone fooled with one of these things? My speedo being off is really annoying me, but I don't know what to think about the harness type question. 

• Premium Member

SH-Y04 is the harness... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

used the compatibility tab on Healtech webpage they had near bottom of page...I plugged in a 2015 F-07...showed list of parts available with part numbers needed...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

They justify the price by letting you reuse it on another bike just by buying the harness,  rapid bike does the same , it sucks at firs but it is quite cool if you change bikes frequently 

9 hours ago, norcal616 said:

used the compatibility tab on Healtech webpage they had near bottom of page...I plugged in a 2015 F-07...showed list of parts available with part numbers needed...

Huge face palm for me. I have no idea how I missed that the first time. Thanks, man. 

18 hours ago, shinyribs said:

I tried to search the topic before starting a thread, but no luck. 

I went to Healtech's site to poke around and their distributor link brought me to this site:

https://shop.bluemonkeymotorsports.com/Speedohealer-for-Yamaha_p_47.html#

I was surprised at the price. I did not think they would be that expensive! Also, if you do go to order one it asks "which harness type". I'm lost there. 

Anyone fooled with one of these things? My speedo being off is really annoying me, but I don't know what to think about the harness type question. 

How much is  the speedo off since you replaced the front sprocket and are you still happy with the change?

I am happy with the change. The bike never feels underpowered at any speed, it just revs less. I'm seeing roughly +3mpg for my use. Wheelies are smoother- easier to come up and hold them. No complaints aside from the speedo. Your average pull away from a light and get up to speed situation feels MUCH less rushed and busy now. However, I typically shift 1-3-5 when around town. The can still handle shifting 2-5 for ultimately laziness, but it chugs a bit more than I like. 1st gear easily gets you to about 20 mph now revving comfortably. 

I can tell the bike is not as snappy in certain corners when I'm out hooning,  but it's a very slight thing. Nothing a downshift doesn't fix. I won't be going back to stock. 

I never checked the stock speedo against gps, so I don't know how far off it was to begin with. Right now the speedo reads:

2-3mph slow @25mph

4-5mph slow @45mph

6-7mph slow @65mph

I didn't attempt to check any other speeds. Those are the crucial ones for my area, and anything over 65mph I'm speeding anyway. 

I also just want my odo to log accurately. 

I thought the right twisty thing on the bars that your right hand attaches to fixed all that

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

6 hours ago, r1limited said:

I thought the right twisty thing on the bars that your right hand attaches to fixed all that

The right twisty things fixes everything that's wrong in the world. 

If anyone else is immediately thinking of buying one of these, shoot me a PM and I may be able to save you some money. 

I swear I'm not up to anything sketchy, but I feel it would be tacky to discuss it in public chat. 

Archived