The MT-07 Forum

Switch KPH to MPH--Help!

3crows

This isn't a mistake but a sign that tells you to go metric !

(I belive that you have to press for a long time one of the buttons,  if this does not work I will try the same with both )

32 minutes ago, Mad said:

This isn't a mistake but a sign that tells you to go metric !

(I belive that you have to press for a long time one of the buttons,  if this does not work I will try the same with both )

Metric! Egads man! Never! LOL. 

Damn, I nearly crashed being in KPH. I could not tell how fast I was going!

• Global Moderator

I remember I borrowed a Camaro in the mid eighties that had a digital dash.  I was doing 30 through town and felt I was barely moving.  After a while I noticed it was showing metric and I was going 30 KPH (18MPH).  Oops. :)  

9 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I remember I borrowed a Camaro in the mid eighties that had a digital dash.  I was doing 30 through town and felt I was barely moving.  After a while I noticed it was showing metric and I was going 30 KPH (18MPH).  Oops. :)  

No wonder that Camaro was unhappy, Camaro's are like wild horses and can't be tamed, not with metric anyway. Poor car. 😉

Beemer

I also did this by accident one day at a fill-up and while riding along looked down and thought - there's no way I'm going that fast. Go past a cop and start calculating - divide by what? 

I could live metric - did so at work as a biochemist for over 4 decades. Let's see a 2x4 is really 1.5 x 3.5 (unless it's in my 110 year old house) Multiply by 2.54 - yeah, no problem at all, lol. 

5 hours ago, rick said:

I also did this by accident one day at a fill-up and while riding along looked down and thought - there's no way I'm going that fast. Go past a cop and start calculating - divide by what? 

I could live metric - did so at work as a biochemist for over 4 decades. Let's see a 2x4 is really 1.5 x 3.5 (unless it's in my 110 year old house) Multiply by 2.54 - yeah, no problem at all, lol. 

This is me trying to do math in my head while trying to ride at the same time.

Beemer

LOL!! Did the exact same thing this weekend when trying to reset the trip ODO after a fill up. Took off, got into 5th and looked down to see 90+ on there. I thought something broke on me until I saw the kph on there. Left button held down will switch it.

Archived