The MT-07 Forum

STOP! We need your help in the tech tip section for 2018 compatibility

Cruizin

Most parts on the FZ-07 fit on the MT-07, but not all. Most tech tips for the fz-07 are the same for the MT-07, but not all!

PLEASE, WE NEED HELP WITH THIS. If yu notice ANY tech tip in here that is different for the MT-07, please post in the appropriate thread! 

And note the differences if you can.  I'll update the thread with the right info into the first post and you will help TONS of MT-07 riders for years to come! 

These tech tips are found by thousands of riders on google search each month. 

• Like 1

• Cruizin pinned this topic

Although this is clear I just want to say that we in the rest of the world call them MT-07 from the 2014. as we all know.

So just in case if some new people are not aware, to make it clearer I would say FZ-07(MT-07 2014.-2017.) and MT-07(2018.-.)

While technically not a tech tip, it should be noted that due to the different seat being wider, the practical seat height is higher. The seat height is listed the same for the 2018 model as the previous one - 31.7". The actuality is that due to one's legs being bowed outwardly, those of us who are vertically challenged do not have the same amount of ground contact as the earlier models.

• Thumbs Down 1

• 2 weeks later...

2018 spec MT-07 suspension has slightly stiffer springs on both ends, and slightly improved (more) damping. I believe the stock shock has rebound adjustment now. I bought a salvage title 2015 FZ-07 with bent forks and replaced them with complete 2018 R and L forks for $450. I could feel the difference. Still not cartridge forks, but much improved. I also bought the 2018 front fender to replace the busted up 2015 front fender. I prefer the looks, and it's a LOT cheaper than the multi-part 2015-2017 fender.

• Like 1