The MT-07 Forum

Rear bike stand

223shooter

Looking to get a rear stand, should I spend the funds on a pit bull or will the Venom fit the bill, bike will not be stored on the stand, just used for routine mantince. What’s everyone using?

Play stupid games win stupid prizes!

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Very happy with the Venom stands. No offense to PItbull, but the extra costs just doesn't make sense. 

Agreed^^^.

• Global Moderator

I have an Harbor Freight read stand which works fine and was cheap.  I have a Venom front head stand which I an also very happy with.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I have an Harbor Freight read stand which works fine and was cheap.  I have a Venom front head stand which I an also very happy with.  

I have a habor freight rear spool stand works great for chain cleaning and the like, but I need the venom rear paddle lift to remove the rear wheel. I also give a +1 for the venom triple tree head stand. If you buy both venom front and rear at the same time I think you get a better deal than buying individually.

Dude, Harbor Freight stand is 30 bucks. Works great. its all you need. I have spent money on the pitbull and other stands in the past....the HF gets the job done. I would recommend dipping the lift arms in some rubber coating like flex seal as the rubber that comes with the stand is shotty and only last about 3 lifts.

9 minutes ago, emperor_Wurm said:

Dude, Harbor Freight stand is 30 bucks. Works great. its all you need. I have spent money on the pitbull and other stands in the past....the HF gets the job done. I would recommend dipping the lift arms in some rubber coating like flex seal as the rubber that comes with the stand is shotty and only last about 3 lifts.

Will check that one out also dude!

Ordered a Venom paddle style lift this morning, should make chain mantince and oil changes a little easier 😎

My bike came with a Venom rear stand, and picked up a matching Venom headlift  stand (with pin kit #2 for the 21mm pin from Amazon) - they are not built as well as the Pitbull stands, but work well for what I need, and I plan on storing the bike on them this winter.

I failed to mention that I also have a HF rear stand. I use it on anything with spools. I made spools for my FZ, but I needed a head stand. I ordered the Venom kit with a rear paddle stand to give myself options. I use the Venom rear paddle stand to lift a near 600lb CB1100F...then I sat on it. I'm 220lbs. I also have sat on my FZ while on the HF stand. They are both solid options. I wouldn't think twice to store a bike on either stand, though I'm a little wary of someone bumping in to a bike that's just sitting on paddles. Jmo. 

Archived