The MT-07 Forum

Tank grips

Jss

I got the STOMPGRIP Volcano traction tank pad kit for 2014-2017 YAMAHA FZ07 / MT07, #55-10-0098 for my bike and really like them, I haven't seen any wear on my pants, they are grippy, but soft silicone like nubs. 

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

I had tank grips on my first set of tank plastics for about 3 years. I swapped to a different color and did not re-apply the grips. I noticed no difference. If you want em, get em for looks. Tank on the FZ is too narrow and short for me to really take advantage of something like that.

I have the Techspec grips on my FZ07.  Grip-wise they don't do much,  As AlbatrossCafe mentioned, the tank shape doesn't work too well for grip anyway.  I had the same grips on my 06 ZX6R and they made a world of difference.

• Premium Member

will these tank grips help?

3 choices- cleated for icy, rubber for asphalt and regular for off-road 😀

Tank_Ice_Cleat.jpg

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 6:46 PM, djfz07 said:

I have the Techspec grips on my FZ07.  Grip-wise they don't do much,  As AlbatrossCafe mentioned, the tank shape doesn't work too well for grip anyway.  I had the same grips on my 06 ZX6R and they made a world of difference.

^^I've got the same. Haven't really found the affect very noticeable either. I have the same on my Ninja 250 race bike, and they're a bit more helpful on that than the FZ. Must be a tank shape thing

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

• Global Moderator

i wernt with the large volcano stomp-grips, maybe its just me but they actually do help a bit but that might also be due to my fat-ass thighs and the much thicker seat.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:49 AM, norcal616 said:

will these tank grips help?

3 choices- cleated for icy, rubber for asphalt and regular for off-road 😀

Tank_Ice_Cleat.jpg

LOL! Being a former tanker myself, I see the humor here.

• Premium Member

I have the tech spec, but they really only come into play when you are hanging off the bike pretty good.

0708182018a.jpg

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Archived