The MT-07 Forum

Scorpion Serket Taper Exhaust

rfmueller

This is a somewhat of a repeat post.  I inadvertently deleted the original post. 

Anyway, about 8 or 10 months ago I bought a Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust for my 2017 FZ07.  Installation was anybody's worst nightmare.  Quality control is not so hot at Scorpion.  The pipes fit together too tight, so attempting to get the tension out of the installation and hoping it would not break made for a very long day instead of a less-than-an-hour install.  All said and done, it's been on some good long trips, and has proven to be a great exhaust.  The sound is phenomenal.  As one of the members here pointed out, it is actually a straight pipe with two baffles.  One at the front and one at the rear.  No repacking needed.  I keep both in place because it's loud enough to make ya feel good, and be heard, while not an annoyance to the point of drivers on the road wanted to run you off the road.  The stainless pipes have turned a nice golden brown and are still as solid as a rock.  If interested in this set, plan on checking pipe fitting first thing, then sending it right back to where you got it AT THEIR EXPENSE, and having them send another until you get one that's made right.  If you don't mind repacking occasionally, most other manufactures sell that type and there are some good options.  Personally, I like to do as little maintenance as possible, so the non-repack type works great.  As a side note, I use Amsoil motor oil for several reasons.  It goes twice OEM without needing to be changed.  On my last MC, I checked the clutch pads with a calipers and the thickness was still at the top of factory spec of 3.1mm on all six pads:  NO WEAR AFTER 22,000 miles of newbie clutch burning.  And the engine cools quicker (it's thermostatically controlled so the temp didn't actually change).

• 4 weeks later...

I also just got the Scorpion exhaust for my 2017 FZ07.  Run both baffles in and so far so good. Just curious to see if you're running any ECU flash or fuel controller with the exhaust on your bike

On 10/6/2018 at 11:22 AM, khang said:

I also just got the Scorpion exhaust for my 2017 FZ07.  Run both baffles in and so far so good. Just curious to see if you're running any ECU flash or fuel controller with the exhaust on your bike

Yes, I also did the reflash from the dynoworks place used on this site.  It was for the Scorpion.  They had the recorded dyno.  Runs better.  I get a "kick" now when starting up.  They tried to remove it, but it seems like it didin't change. I just decided to leav e it alone.  Runs fine.  Peppy too.

Archived