The MT-07 Forum

Harley 114

Beemer

Has anyone put this up? My apologies if they have.

I think it took some Q's from Mr. Max but that's a compliment and why all the chunky looking panels & swingarm? It doesn't LOOK light weight. It's ugly if you ask me.

Beemer

It's so... big...

I want to like Harley Davidson, I really do, but they keep doing whatever-this-is.  Looks like they started off in the right direction, then got it wet and it swole up.  Like those compressed sponge toy things you get for kids.  Then, they hang all this huge plasticy stuff all over it.  I don't want a tiny, delicate little mosquito of a bike, but dang, fellas...

Maybe they're compensating for this:

img_yLPDP5U37Jfhl5I_r.thumb.jpg.6039291c066a025e903f06a46609b7ba.jpg

Anyone catch the article Revzilla just posted on it?

They quoted the vice president of design as saying "The main customer we focused the motorcycle on is the person who wants performance ahead of just about anything else." 

The sentence immediately prior gave a curb weight of 668 lbs, I got a good laugh out of that 

On 9/9/2018 at 8:55 PM, rider said:

It's so... big...

I want to like Harley Davidson, I really do, but they keep doing whatever-this-is.  Looks like they started off in the right direction, then got it wet and it swole up.  Like those compressed sponge toy things you get for kids.  Then, they hang all this huge plasticy stuff all over it.  I don't want a tiny, delicate little mosquito of a bike, but dang, fellas...

Maybe they're compensating for this:

img_yLPDP5U37Jfhl5I_r.thumb.jpg.6039291c066a025e903f06a46609b7ba.jpg

It seems to me a lot of guys with wide loads are attracted to H.D's because many of their bikes have seats that accommodate those "wide loads". Not to mention the low gearing and low end torque to get that bike moving under the weight of those "wide loads". I think they design the rest of the bike to look wide so as to make the "wide load" guys that ride them look thinner. I could be wrong. I could be joking ... or not. 😉 Edit: it could be as simple as, big boys like big bikes and H.D. knows it.

Beemer

13 hours ago, thedriver1 said:

Anyone catch the article Revzilla just posted on it?

They quoted the vice president of design as saying "The main customer we focused the motorcycle on is the person who wants performance ahead of just about anything else." 

The sentence immediately prior gave a curb weight of 668 lbs, I got a good laugh out of that 

LOL! Performance compared to what, this?!

large harley.jpg

Beemer

Archived