The MT-07 Forum

Tuners in Maryland

Jacques

I just bought a 2018 mt 07 and like most I would like to replace the exhaust with something a little louder. I am looking at M4 Standard but most posts suggest doing the ECU reflash or intalling a power commander. That where my level of confidence drops. I can install the exhaust (either slip on or full exhaust) but when it comes to electronics, I am lost. So if I need a ECU reflash where do I go to get that done? Can the dealer where I bought the bike be trusted to do that?

Anyone in the Frederick County Maryland area you could recommend that would install the Commander and tune the fuel/air mixture?

Thank you2018-yamaha-mt-3.thumb.jpg.637a49fcb8e220c45591f1e863d998b7.jpg

• Global Moderator

2 Wheel Dyno Works is a supporting vendor and has flashes for many exhausts.    I have a stock exhaust and could not be happy with the improvement their flash made.  You cannot go wrong with them.  

20 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Thanks for the info but it seems like they are in Washington State. Do you know if they have locations in Maryland?

As long as they have a tune for your given hardware, you just mail out the ECU to them

I guess, I'll wait until winter to send it to them if I can't find someone local. I don;t want to waste a couple weeks riding time waiting for it to cross country twice.. thanks

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Jacques said:

I guess, I'll wait until winter to send it to them if I can't find someone local. I don;t want to waste a couple weeks riding time waiting for it to cross country twice.. thanks

Not trying to shove you in any direction but 2WDW normally has same or next day turn around, once they receive it, and ship back to you via 2 day USPS.  so you shouldn't be down for more than a week at most depending on your method of shipment to them.

If you can't find a local shop, you're not going to do any better than 2WDW.

Good Luck with whomever you choose for a tune. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived