The MT-07 Forum

Dont Wear gear, it's too expensive!

Cruizin

I was only wearing leather pant for the track. I opt for textile pant (and jacket as well) because it's more practical. Leather is hot, heavy and not waterproof. I know abrasion resistance is better with leather. Each other make their compromise.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

I have the Bohn adventure pants which is a spandex type material that holds knee armor, shin armor, thigh armor, hip armor and tailbone armor. I see forcefield also has a similar product but about twice as spendy.

They go beneath my kevlar jeans and nobody can ever tell I'm wearing them. Once I get to work I change jeans and take the armor off. Takes about 3 minutes twice a day. Or if I'm riding and want to stop for food/shopping or at a friends they just stay on.. rather comfortable honestly.

I plan to upgrade my leather gloves to armored and padded ones.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

I have helmet, gloves, armored jackets and kevlar jeans with knee pads. I have to say that those bohn pants look mighty interesting...with those on, the only thing more protective would be 57 layers of bubble wrap ::) Thanks for the hint!
Physics Prof. Be aware :o:)

• Global Moderator

I like the bubble wrap idea. I assume as you are a physics professor that you did the math to verify that 57 layers is equal to good gear :). I am off to buy bubble wrap.

• Premium Member
I like the bubble wrap idea. I assume as you are a physics professor that you did the math to verify that 57 layers is equal to good gear :). I am off to buy bubble wrap.
Make sure is 57, not 56 ( not enough damping) nor 58 ( too much rebound). :)
Sorry, could not resist poking fun to our suspension brethren. ;)
If nothing else, bubble wrap could be used for cheap psychological therapy ::)
Physics Prof. Be aware :o:)

My riding gear combo consist of Shoei helmet (due for upgrade) Joe Rocket 2.0 textile jacket,Alpinestars padded compression short (really help with numb buns from long rides  :D) Thor Sector knee guard ,Speed and Strength run with the bulls jeans,gloves and Icon 3/4 boots .

I would like a pair of pants I could pull over or zip over my slacks for work and not have to change clothes at work. Just easy pull off pants. O the wife may like them to much.

Time to critique my gear.

I wear a full face helmet, no-name gloves with sliders on the knuckles, Fox full vest w/back & kidney protector, pants and sneakers. I do have knee and shin gear I can wear over my pants but I definitely want to stay with pants. As a few others above, I use my bike to go to classes, friends houses, and places around town. I wouldn't have the option to change pants every stop I make.

Oh and at night I use two blue Halo lights for my back. 
IMG_2783.jpg

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

We have a couple of these vests for night riding. They look crazy but those cagers really notice us!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

NIce @hippiebikerchick! Those are nice looking'!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

yeah @hippiebikerchick those vests looks pretty cool. I've been looking for a high visibility jacket that didn't look too dorky but I can just grab a jacket I like and throw one of those on top :D after my accident I plan on wearing one night and day lol

• 3 weeks later...
ATG ATT All the Gear All the Time 
Don't know what it is about:
-cruisers that think they are invincible always seems to be t shirts
- bucket helmets that don't protect chin and jaw bone.
-flip flops on bikes like what do they expect their feet to look like after an accident??

I crashed my first bike. Target fixation on a really big tree on a really narrow twisty. I was in jeans, armoured jacket, Shoie helmet, gloves and boots. Always wear riding gear no matter what kind of motorcyle you ride. I have owned and riden Yamaha, Suzuki, Harley and back on a Yamaha again...Always wear full faced helmet and armoured jacket. Always.

• 1 month later...

Check out my pic to the left.  60mph turn [HASH]2 Sonoma 650 twins race, low side.  Full gear including chest protector.  Not a scratch but I can't say that for the bike.  I always ride full gear, street or track.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I wear Joe rocket alter ego jacket & pants, HJC full face helmet, gloves, leather riding boots, and Icon Mil spec vest. When riding to work the pants fit nicely over my jeans and come off quick

• Premium Member

I'm spending the cash on all the gear for my first real bike. Its going to be a grand or more in gear alone, even if I decide I hate the bike and never ride again I will never say I wish I spent less on safety.

I've had to have metal drilled out of my eye( and so much more) ... you think I wear safety glasses you bet your ass I do. You are the one that has your life outcome in your own hands 90% of the time. On that note I think not taking any risk is not living ... but that's just my opinion.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Archived