The MT-07 Forum

Fz-07 speed wobbles

hans4455

Hello fellow Fz owners I am wondering if any of you guys have experienced speed wobbles through out increments of 20mph around 80 and 100 mph is where i notice some speed wobbles coming in and I have seen some stabilizers for sale can anyone recommend any good stabilizers that they have stuck with.

• Premium Member

If your FZ is working correctly there should be no speed wobble.

I'd be looking for the source of the wobble not putting a Band-Aid on the symptoms. That's just dangerous.

Good luck resolving your issue. ✌️

• Like 4

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

That was my thinking too.  I would check that the front end is all aligned correctly as well as front wheel balance and tire condition. 

• Like 1

A few months back someone posted this issue and it was the tire.  Search Speed Wobble I would guess.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

+1 on the tire.

I had a Kawasaki Voyager that had no speed wobble when I bought it. When I changed tires, scary speed wobble. Changed tires again, speed wobble gone.

• Like 1

DSC_0025_2.thumb.jpg.5c5ebcf8145bd1b56396d8ddcc36c479.jpg

On long sweepers leaned over passing cars or trucks at 95 MPH it always starts wobbling but by staying on the gas and not decelerating until back upright no problem other than of course always a little unnerving. With all my mods I am not surprised at all. 

topazsparrow
15 hours ago, FZark07 said:

+1 on the tire.

I had a Kawasaki Voyager that had no speed wobble when I bought it. When I changed tires, scary speed wobble. Changed tires again, speed wobble gone.

Just switched from PR4's to Pilot Power 3's and noticed the same thing. Those Worn out PR4's were the worst tire I've had to date. Flatspotted and cupped out real fast.

https://ridermagazine.com/2009/11/17/motorcycle-weaves-and-wobbles-how-to-avoid-them-and-deal-with-them/

I've had a few with mine when changing lanes at high speeds and I instinctively backed off the throttle slowly and the wobbling stopped after a few seconds. I have also read that leaning back and applying throttle helps. I haven't tested it, can't say it works but it makes sense if it's a problem with tire pressure. I've also read that tire pressure (specifically the front tire) can make a difference. Experiment with tire pressures.

Beemer

• 10 months later...

Pretty sure it's the tire needs balancing. Just got PR5 on and mine wobbles at a buck or more. Stock was smoothe. About to take my wheels off and balance them. I will update. 

Balanced my back. Front didn't need any balancing. Got the bike up to 100ish and noticebly less wobble up to 110. Still a little bit but it doesn't make you wanna decel. 

cleverriver

check the length of the fork through the triple, also another good and easy test is that with the tire off, the front axle should easily slide in/out of both the holes, if its not lining up there or you are forcing it, you will know