The MT-07 Forum

Hi there

jamespz03

I hope you don't mind me being here. I currently ride a Honda 2016 CB500F (first bike) and all my research is pointing me to upgrade to the MT-07 as I want just a little more power without sacrificing the MPG. I mainly commute, ride weekend canyons, and I'm about to do my second track in Oct at Chuck. Therefore, I think the MT is a perfect fit.

I'll be poking around and looking at a bunch of threads to gather more research. I live in San Diego and have been riding for two years. I really can't see a life without a bike now and I hope I can be one of the people riding well into the 70's (major respect for you). Well, enough rambling, time to do some searches. Safe riding and enjoy the ride!

Mucho Gusto

A 700 will be a nice upgrade for you and it's well known for putting big smiles on faces. It's light, nimble, fun, lots of torque, quick, wheelies easy (if you're into that) good mpg. and best bang for the buck in this price range. Lots of accessories for this bike or you can leave it as is and still have a blast riding it. I doubt you would regret buying an MT-07. Test ride one if you can. 

Beemer

NRWhiteKnight

Welcome aboard. I down sized from an FZ1 to a 2018 MT-07. Not regretting that decision one bit. Beemer's right. It's light, nimble, and fun as well as gets great mpg.

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

Thanks, what you both describe is exactly what I'm looking for..and I'm too chicken to even try a wheelie...I'd content simply seeing someone else do it.

For me, I consider the best/only upgrades to be tires (Bridgestone S21's for me, ymmv), dialing in the suspension, and possibly a windscreen. 

Not really a gigantic upgrade really overall. The Honda has, like the 07, one of the best motors around. You will notice a bit more vibration ( not much).

The big thing is the 07 feels much lighter and feels much more torquey, because of the flatter torque curve. Uses more fuel though and the 07 has a SMALLER fuel tank.

I intend to buy a cbr500 or one of it's brothers for a project bike, because I like the motor so much, so you will miss some things about it, but the 07 is a giggle bike set up properly.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I have bought a Honda Rebel 500 to partner my MT-07.  You will find that the 07 has you grinning from ear to ear. The Honda engine is good but no match for the fun of the MT's. You may find less vibration in my experience.

Just do it! 

Archived