The MT-07 Forum

Almost traded in my FZ-07...

maybe07

51 minutes ago, michigan400 said:

I would hope so!! LOL!

Nothing wrong with Honda but that bike is bland as mashed potato's.

We need to step up your potato game! lol

But in the end...good choice. FZ ftw. 

'16 FZ-07 Matte Silver/Blurple
Instagram:Mintsopoulos

topazsparrow
2 minutes ago, Beemer said:

It's a good thing you woke up and came to your senses because that bike (although it may look good) will put you to sleep.

https://www.visordown.com/node/24545

And that filler under the seat?! Forget that!

The concluding statement there seems to apply to most hondas I feel (save for a few exceptions)

The torque and power curves are linear and ultimately the engine is as exciting as a bowl of cold rice pudding. But by the end of the test ride, I’d begun to accept that this is OK because the motor does everything that’s asked of it without complaint and although it doesn’t have any character, there’s enough midrange power on hand for motorway-speed progress, B-road blasting and a town manoeuvres. The engine is best described as acceptable, doing everything that’s asked of it without complaint.  It just isn’t memorable.

I love my Honda XR400 but it suffers the same way. Does anything and everything you could want it to do,, just a tick slower and in a more boring way than other bikes. The only good part of that is I'm on the same OEM top end for 15 years now and it only smokes a tiny bit when you first start it. I'm sure the valves need some love,, but probably not much. $250 - $300 and it would run another 15 years with no complaints.

Archived