AlecJP

Sd__19 Unanswered issue

AlecJP

Hey guys,

So I was wiping down my bike the other day and gave a little WD-40 spray to the side of my bike near the chain guard. And somewhere along the lines of cleaning off that area I shorted something, because I am getting the Sd__19 error code. I have checked the switch. Just fine. Checked all the terminals and they all look fine. So I am not reall sure what left to do. I have tried unplugging the battery to clear the capacitors and still get the error code. I have no had the ECU cleared of the error codes from a dealership, and I’m wondering if that’s the next right approach? Just don’t really have the money right now to be throwing it away, if they clear the error codes and it’s still a terminal somewhere.

image.jpg

Yamaoldster

You may have gotten WD in the connector for the kick stand switch. I'd unplug it and clean with contact cleaner.  Good luck.

AlecJP
1 hour ago, Yamaoldster said:

You may have gotten WD in the connector for the kick stand switch. I'd unplug it and clean with contact cleaner.  Good luck.

It looked like it initially, but the bike still spits the error code out. Will the bike not start, until I get that error code cleared off the ECU?