The MT-07 Forum

Passenger Pegs Question

RRR

• Global Moderator

R&G, Evotech and Vagabond all make passenger peg delete kits.  I am sure there are others.  Some guys here have made the own bracket to hold the brake fluid reservoir and used plastic plugs from an auto parts store to fill the holes.  There are a lot of options. 

Yeah cheers mate but not was I was talking about. I do have the Vagabond relocation bracket. I'm after something to clean the area up shown below

Image-1.thumb.jpg.03db5936b8bd912c9fa74578ad73eefb.jpg

I like the item linked above because it mounts from behind and would fill more of the space, nice and clean. has to something out there for the 07...

• Global Moderator

Got it...I misunderstood the question.  I have not seen what your are looking for but hopefully somebody else has some ideas.  I am curious to see what comes up.  

• Premium Member

get some plastic automotive panel tabs to cover the holes...

f26d716c-5ae2-49e0-a14f-c1eade93e783_1.155681eaaa6e5278f57ed2b357ba2447.jpeg

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

11 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

Got it...I misunderstood the question.  I have not seen what your are looking for but hopefully somebody else has some ideas.  I am curious to see what comes up.  

Yeah same, maybe someone on here has the tools (and the time) to make something like this happen.

4 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

get some plastic automotive panel tabs to cover the holes...

That would be a hole... lot simpler

but the OCD in me thinks an expensive overcomplicated option is mandatory, something like the link in my original post.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RRR said:

That would be a hole... lot simpler

but the OCD in me thinks an expensive overcomplicated option is mandatory, something like the link in my original post.

its your money 😎... over the years I have seen a few "blanking plates" made scrolling thru fleabay and aliexpress, cost was avg $75... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

firstyammerha

3D print something maybe. I see some libraries in my area offer this service where you pay only for the material used in producing the part. You'd just have to have the skill to create the program to make the part. Windows 10 has this program in the menu but this kind of thing is way over my head.

I just put a couple nice domed allen head bolts in mine, you could use black ones if you wanted.

DSC_0701 2.jpg

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

Is this legal in other states?? Not judging at all. Im just curious, cuz it's SUPER illegal in Texas. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

Is this legal in other states?? Not judging at all. Im just curious, cuz it's SUPER illegal in Texas. 

how is removing passenger pegs illegal? 

• Global Moderator
3 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

how is removing passenger pegs illegal? 

It is illegal if you carry a passenger.  Of course the reason most people remove them is because they do not carry passengers...

On 8/23/2018 at 4:30 PM, RRR said:

Yeah cheers mate but not was I was talking about. I do have the Vagabond relocation bracket. I'm after something to clean the area up shown below

Image-1.thumb.jpg.03db5936b8bd912c9fa74578ad73eefb.jpg

I like the item linked above because it mounts from behind and would fill more of the space, nice and clean. has to something out there for the 07...

You could purchase a set of those flexible plastic cutting boards and make something that would cover that space pretty easily.  Paint it black to match the bike; make sure you fasten it under the factory plastic and utilize the passenger pegs bolts and no one would notice it wasn't an aftermarket/factory piece unless they were looking real close. 

56 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

It is illegal if you carry a passenger.  Of course the reason most people remove them is because they do not carry passengers...

More specifically, its illegal if the bike is otherwise equipped to carry a passenger. So in Texas, you could delete the pegs but only if you also deleted the rear seat. I was just curious. Sorry for the thread jack.

• 2 weeks later...

I also bought the vagabond kit. I was going to make my on bracket b4 I found that kit. I think it looks really clean. I ordered these. Less than. I figure for less than $20 why not. R&G wanted something like $75 for them?!!  Should be here next week. I’m curious to see if they will look good or not. Hope that helps.

AE6691D7-615F-4A26-8BB2-4C661E16FB39.png

On 8/28/2018 at 11:21 PM, wrxer said:

If only lawmakers had something important to worry about...

If only they had a crystal ball that could tell them who will or won't have an incident over their pegs instead of handing out tickets over "assumptions" that something could or would go wrong. But then we would be living in a "Minority Report" kind of world. 😳

Beemer

I just pulled them off and put the bolts back in.   And bolted the rear fluid resivior to one of the existing spots. No kinks in the line. And it’s worked great for 1000 miles.   

• Global Moderator

@Mad, that looks good.  Is it real carbon fiber or is the just a finish?  I like your heel guards, do you have a link to where you got them?  

Archived