The MT-07 Forum

2019 Harley FXDR

mjh937

• Global Moderator

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/harley-davidson/2019-harley-davidson-fxdr-114-revealed.html

This is an odd looking "sport bike".  It does not look very maneuverable and is heavy.  Other than that they might have a winner ;).  I was sure hoping Harley would come out with something compelling. 

A Pig is a Pig is a Pig

HD makes the same shet with different lipstick.  I called it a while back.  They have a brand new 750 motor, they can refine and build a decent V-twin but instead they stick to the same old PIG Er uh I mean HOG

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Their 2020 lineup looks interesting but your right they need to do something other than just slapping lipstick on a hog lol 

'16 FZ-07 Matte Silver/Blurple
Instagram:Mintsopoulos

2 hours ago, chademinent said:

I think they finally nailed what a Harley should be, lightweight with a big vtwin between your legs.  Although the price is still WAY too high.

Are you looking at the same bike?  The cornering angle based on the images is still 4 degrees, pegs are to far forward.  All they did was introduce the FXR again.  This is what Harley is
A outdated design with no innovation to reduce weight, increase cornering, change ergonomics bringing to the market place a new Harley.  Nothing wrong with Nostalgia, I have great respect for HD's history and accomplishments.  They want to stay in a market that was built 70 years ago in a market that is more urbanized and the transformer look (Which I hate BTW)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator

Lean angle is only 32.6° right and 32.8° left, fork rake is 34°, the controls are too far forward, it is too heavy and too expensive.  Other than that I think they nailed it.  Hopefully they do better with the upcoming Streetfighter. 

27 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

Lean angle is only 32.6° right and 32.8° left, fork rake is 34°, the controls are too far forward, it is too heavy and too expensive.  Other than that I think they nailed it.  Hopefully they do better with the upcoming Streetfighter.  

I will say it now

Nope, a pig is a pig is a hog

This is simple wash rinse repeat by HD, same ol shet different year

Isnt the max lean angle on the FZ in the high 40s?? 32 doesnt sound to sporty to me.  And almost 630lbs dry?! STARTING at 21k?! 

It pains me to say @r1limited is right, but......

• 4 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

i'm trying to figure out how the sportster with a new motor and a mono instead of dual rear shock.... is "new''

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived