The MT-07 Forum

Back in North Carolina

Andreas

Hey y'all! I just spent a year in Japan for school, where I had a 1997 Ducati ST2. Sold it for my return to the states and I'm wanting to get back on two wheels again. I thought I wanted something bigger like a Honda CBR1100XX, but my friend let me ride his 250 again and I realized that bigger isn't always more fun. The 250 was definitely slower than I remember, so I thought I found a good balance with the MT-07. I'm pretty hooked on getting one, though they are pretty difficult to find in the area. Figured I might as well use it as an opportunity to buy my first brand new vehicle as well. Feel free to send any questions about Japanese roads/mountain passes or the sorts this way!

My past bike near Mt. FujiIMG_20180303_154900sm.thumb.jpg.38c60f8a76adc8462e4705fc1589e407.jpg

• 1 month later...

Your bike looks sad, as though it's being beckoned by Mt. Fuji's Aokigahara Forest for a loooong nap. This is the kind of thing that happens when owners hurt their bikes feelings by leaving them you know.

Ha! I kid! Did you ever make it over to Mt. Fuji? It almost seems like a priority it's such a famous mountain. Nice pic/bike, btw! You're lucky to have been able to spend time there. I spent a year in Korea and I really miss the place, it's so different and unique. Miss the culture, the food and the people so much.

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...

I visited mount Fuji last summer on a business trip. It was the highlight of my trip to Japan. We went around the base of Fuji in a van and the whole time I was thinking I would love to be on my bike. 

Archived