The MT-07 Forum

Anyone elses pants get hung up on the shifter stud?

atxjax

Its happened to me 3 times now. I go to put my leg down when coming to a stop and my pant leg opening somehow gets caught on the stud where the pinch joint is.

Anyone know of a cover for it?

• Premium Member

no cover... maybe tuck your pant legs into your boots or buy some pant leg stirups... another idea is make a slight change in the way you place your feet on the ground at a stop light...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Thanks guys. Suppose I can just put a rubber band around my pants. I know a good machine shop guy. I will see how feasible it would be to make a cover.

• Global Moderator

dont make a cover, use a rubber band or tuck your pants into your boots.

when i started wearing actual riding boots, i noticed it stop happening pretty much alltogether

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Grind off the pegs don't need them saves weight and makes the bike handle better less drag aerodynamically.

or

wear cutoffs and Birkenstock sandals

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
10 hours ago, r1limited said:

Grind off the pegs don't need them saves weight and makes the bike handle better less drag aerodynamically.

or

wear cutoffs and Birkenstock sandals

Don't forget your tank top, and who needs a helmet or gloves--they're for weenies. 😜

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

I'm not sure what you are referring to, can you take a picture to show?

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

My right pant leg used to get hung up on the foot peg. You could try what I tried and consciously lift your foot up a little off the peg and guide your foot toward the outside and then down to avoid the shifter peg. You do it subconsciously after awhile of doing it.  It's that or the leg band alternative mentioned.

Beemer

14 hours ago, Randucci said:

I'm not sure what you are referring to, can you take a picture to show?

I believe he's talking about the shift peg. 

@atxjax  Check out the thread I just put on the board for, "Adjustable Shifter". I wonder if maybe that would put the shift peg out of the way of the pant leg??? 

Beemer

I've had straps at the ankles of the overprints grabbed by the feelers on the pegs. Makes stopping fun when you can't put a foot down. Unscrewing them made for an easy solution. I'll never miss them. 

The carburetor fuel bowls on the old BMW R bikes (like the one in my avatar) were held in place by a heavy wire clip that went from side to side and underneath the aluminum bowl. Well, let me tell you what a mistake it is to wear boots that have open lace hooks. Reach forward to make a shift, pull your foot back, a lace hook grabs that wire bail snapping it off of the fuel bowl - amazing just fast how the bike is now running on one cylinder and gasoline is pouring onto your foot and the street. Stop, go find the fuel bowl before someone runs it over, lol. Only had to do that twice before I stopped wearing those dang boots. 

I have a lot of hangups

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Any pair of pants that get snagged are a pair not to wear again. I dont wear loose fitting pants when riding as a result of this sort of thing. Also, loose material tends to flap on the freeway and drive me nuts haha. I recommend pants with a more snug ankle fit or tucking into your boots. 

22 hours ago, r1limited said:

I have a lot of hangups

Pharmaceutical companies have a lot of drugs. 🤣 Just kiddin! You have to appreciate that.

Beemer

19 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

Any pair of pants that get snagged are a pair not to wear again. I dont wear loose fitting pants when riding as a result of this sort of thing. Also, loose material tends to flap on the freeway and drive me nuts haha. I recommend pants with a more snug ankle fit or tucking into your boots. 

Agreed, just not those skinny jeans. To me they look like pants for men too afraid to wear their leotards in public. 😂 They look like the Speedos of Levis. 🤢

Beemer

Archived