The MT-07 Forum

moving on

johnakay

I've decided to sell my tracer 700.

going for the tracer 900.

want to do a bit of touring before I get to old.lol

with riding two up the 700 does have it short comings.

would like a bit more oomph not so much speed just bottom end power.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, robbo10 said:

I have heard the Tracer 900 is not great 2-up.

it does just fine... granted its not a purpse built 2up machine like an FJR but vs the FZ-07 the FJ-09 will suit 2up just fine... alot of ex-heavy bike owners such as the FJR or HD or even ex-racers looking for a sporty 2up machine to take the wife/gf/ole lady out for a spin...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator

@johnakay, post some photos and a review when you get it.  You are still welcome here even if you do not have a -07/700 :)

it wont be till next year before I can review the 900.

once my bike sold I wont be riding till then.

just got myself a classic bike ..just reliving my youth.lol

I have had about 4 or 5 of these inc the GT500.

this one came from the USA so over the winter months I'll be working on that for next summer.

DSC04217.JPG

When I was 16 and rode a restricted CB100 (back then, lightweight motorcycles were limited to 7hp and 50 mph) a mate at school had a GT500, the final edition of the two-stroke twin that I pillioned on a couple of times. I remember two things; the grunt that would put my ankles under his armpits if he accelerated hard and the vibrations that would shake me feet off the pegs at anything above 4000 rpm. Oh, I remember a third thing; my CB100 sans end muffler insert made quite a bit of sound, but sitting next to the idling GT you couldn't even hear a hint of sound from the Honda.

Another memory is that of a neighbour when I grew up in the 60s who had a first-generation T500 Cobra, the one with the short swingarm. In orange metallic. I still remember the sound, the smell, the stunning looks and the size of that thing. It dwarfed the R5, for instance. Of course, today it doesn't look large at all, but back then it was the real deal. Engine was also indestructible. The neighbour tried to kill his by revving it to more than 65 mph in first gear. Repeatedly. The rev counter was indicating an estimated 11k plus rpm in the 9k rpm scale. Redline was 7k.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
bornagainbiker
8 minutes ago, Yamaoldster said:

Here's mine on a trip to the mountains of west Texas.

Now that's loaded down.  What is the story on the cat eye headlamps?

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

8 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

Now that's loaded down.  What is the story on the cat eye headlamps?

Loaded down...……….when I travel I like to take: lap top, coffee pot, snacks, jogging shoes, flip flops, book, music you know the fun stuff.  Cat eye's (the cat eye sticker offers a little protection from small rock strikes) are like the dragons on the bow of Viking ships they clear the way...……...actually I don't ride at night so what the heck and I have two 10 watt LED lights mounted on the lower forks for recognition lights to on coming traffic. You can see the headlights coming through the eyes, they are perforated. 

Archived