The MT-07 Forum

Riding gear, jacket, helmet, vests

joomla

Hi All,

Since i now own the 2017 fz07 and i'm new to this site...maybe some of you can help out and direct me to couple places to order new gear.

I do currently own riding gear however in terms of jackets and helmets, what are some trendy options nowadays...

BTW i'm from Ontario, Canda - i.e. Toronto.

TY in advance.

Im a big fan of revzilla.com.  they have huge selection and a good return policy. 

• Premium Member

Click on the revzilla banner above..

I just bought new gear Friday from them and its already here. 

firstyammerha

I'm in the market for new boots. Alpinestars seems to have a good selection. Preferring half boot with zippers right now. The best for walking around off the bike comfortably is another criteria.

@Laben 

I just bought new gear Friday from them and its already here. 

Wow that's really fast! Are items shipped to Canada? or is this US based delivery.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, joomla said:

@Laben 

Wow that's really fast! Are items shipped to Canada? or is this US based delivery.

They ship internationally so you should be good!

Placed an order with motostarz.ca Thursday morning and haven't received any notification other than the purchase transaction was confirmed that day.

Anyone order things from there before?

Just now, joomla said:

Placed an order with motostarz.ca Thursday morning and haven't received any notification other than the purchase transaction was confirmed that day.

I've ordered from them and had good luck in the past. I live in northern Minnesota, a suburb of Canada. 😉

• Global Moderator
7 hours ago, joomla said:

I ordered a fender eliminator from their US website (motostarz.com) a while back.  They were having problems with their website at the time so after a couple of days I phoned them.  They got my part shipped later that day.  I would use them again.  

BTW, it is great to see you are buying gear...it is much more important than bike upgrades, although I am sure that will come :)

7 hours ago, joomla said:

I'm in Ontario as well and have ordered a few things from them. They typically ship 4-5 days after the order is placed. I think it's because they have to order the items in as well. Once it's shipped, it generally takes 4-6 business days to arrive at your door from out West. 

Royal Distributing and Fortnine are other places located in Canada that I've ordered from. Speed and Strength as well.  Overseas, I've ordered from Motardinn with good results. 

Instagram: @jayparrington 

I had great response from motostarz.  Ordered my akro ti exhaust from them not realizing I was using the Canadian website.  I had some  email interaction and then nothing, so I called them on what happened to be Canada Day (oops! stoopid yank!), but the gentleman that happened to be there was courteous and helpful to the point of not charging extra to ship direct to Hawaii and still was cheaper than us based websites.

Overall I would highly consider them in Canada, but perhaps expect little personal interaction unless needed.  I don't think that they keep a lot of inventory and just drop ship from the Canadian item warehouse locations to the customer.

But to answer your initial question of "What's trendy?"  That's personal preference.  Some people prefer the "motorcyclist" look, but I feel that manufacturers are trending towards more "casual" looks that blur the lines between "around town" wear with added moto centric protection.  I like the dark nondescript jeans and casual looking jackets as long as they still offer a high level of protection.  I am currently looking for items that I would feel comfortable on the bike and straight into a semi-formal business meeting: ie: sleek protective slacks and maybe a nice pair of leather moto boots.  

Read lots of reviews & Best of luck!

@mjh937

I ordered a fender eliminator from their US website (motostarz.com) a while back.  They were having problems with their website at the time so after a couple of days I phoned them.  They got my part shipped later that day.  I would use them again.  

I reached out to their support yesterday and they responded to my inqiry within half hour. 👍 and said they're shipping it tomorrow (aka today) Seems the shipment is coming from out west for Canada from Richmond, BC.. Still no email confirming this. 

Interestingly the original manufacturer of one of the part shipped their item right away (TST industries). Just saying considering the

BTW, it is great to see you are buying gear...it is much more important than bike upgrades, although I am sure that will come . 

I do have gear just outdated helmet and jacket...looking for things that are more stylish - 😎 ....🏍️

@zephyr

But to answer your initial question of "What's trendy?"  That's personal preference.  Some people prefer the "motorcyclist" look, but I feel that manufacturers are trending towards more "casual" looks that blur the lines between "around town" wear with added moto centric protection.  I like the dark nondescript jeans and casual looking jackets as long as they still offer a high level of protection.  I am currently looking for items that I would feel comfortable on the bike and straight into a semi-formal business meeting: ie: sleek protective slacks and maybe a nice pair of leather moto boots.  

Thanks for the tip...that's exactly it! just looking for more casual as oppose to racing type of gear... 😀

I'm in the city and dress up for work so need something that doesn't scare of people with colors, styles and fittings. 😂

These look awesome, steep on the price though 😯

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-copper-riding-jeans

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/805-447/speed-and-strength-men-s-bikes-are-in-my-blood-black-leather-boots

On 8/21/2018 at 3:53 AM, joomla said:

@zephyr

Thanks for the tip...that's exactly it! just looking for more casual as oppose to racing type of gear... 😀

I'm in the city and dress up for work so need something that doesn't scare of people with colors, styles and fittings. 😂

These look awesome, steep on the price though 😯

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-copper-riding-jeans

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/805-447/speed-and-strength-men-s-bikes-are-in-my-blood-black-leather-boots

Those look good.  The boots aren't that bad on pricing, especially since they should survive for many riding seasons, but the pants...  That's why I only have one set of gear for riding since everything is so expensive.  In an ideal world I would have several sets of gear for different types of rides: ie: Touring where I'm just out for the ride which would likely be a matched all weather suit and features/performance would be #1; Errands - trips to the store, etc where features would trump style to some degree; and business which would allow me to go from bike to business meeting with very little/no adjustment...  If I had money to blow then my setup would look similar to this for business:

jacket: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/aether-loop-jacket

pants: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rokker-riding-chinos

boots: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-hero-wp-boots

A large problem that I run into is that I live in a year round moderate/hot climate, thus many things that look great would turn me into a sweaty puddle before I arrived at a meeting, so airflow normally trumps style to a large degree for myself...  Hopefully you'll find products that meet your style and budget.  

FYI: I have the Klim K fifty 1 for riding pants.  They are a bit large since I lost weight and thus I use them as a sort of overpants.  They work well, but are a bit loose fitting / too casual for a business meeting.  I have the TCX X_Street shoes which are great and could work for some business meetings, though I would like something that has zips so that I could remove shoes quickly (many meetings are at client homes and shoe removal is required).  My jacket is the Rukka Airider which is great for hot weather, but not so much for rain.  I carry the Nelson Rigg rainsuit in my top box for inclement weather - Very waterproof, but hot and non breathable.  All a bit pricey, but should last for years until I can save up for my scenario specific gear.

Archived