The MT-07 Forum

Boise/Idaho riders?

zombiphone

Hi guys! 

Been a while since I've been on this forum, but now that I'm finally getting settled from living off my bike for a while, I'm taking a job in Boise, at least temporarily while I save up money for the next trek (I'm hoping to do trans-siberian highway on the FZ, but we'll see). I lived in Los Angeles for most my life, so I have no idea what the Idaho bike scene is like, so I thought I'd check in here and see if anyone is in the area so I can make some new motorbike friends (The only kind of friends who matter, obviously).

Anyone in the area? The riding in Idaho seems epic so far, so I refuse to believe there's not a scene for it!

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

The riding is good here. The Lowman loop is one of my favorites. Up thru Idaho city, up over Banner Summit, down into Lowman. Then hang a left after the bridge and ride down thru Garden Valley, Crouch, along the river, left onto the highway and thru Horseshoe Bend and into Eagle.   

There is a good local group on Facebook called "chickenstripsandlattes"  that is always posting rides up. 

Oh, we'll have to meet up once I'm settled in! I have a friend from Ceour d'alene (however you spell that) who mentioned Lowman Loop, so I'm going to assume it's a must do. I'll go hunt down that facebook group right now.

I just accepted the job offer yesterday, so I'm in phase one of figuring it all out still. After living in Montana for a short stint, I'm always worried that there's going to be epic riding everywhere and no one who lives there is going to care, so this already feels like a good start, haha

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

5 minutes ago, zombiphone said:

Oh, we'll have to meet up once I'm settled in! I have a friend from Ceour d'alene (however you spell that) who mentioned Lowman Loop, so I'm going to assume it's a must do. I'll go hunt down that facebook group right now.

I just accepted the job offer yesterday, so I'm in phase one of figuring it all out still. After living in Montana for a short stint, I'm always worried that there's going to be epic riding everywhere and no one who lives there is going to care, so this already feels like a good start, haha

You also have to go float the Boise river before summer ends. It goes right thru downtown. https://www.facebook.com/FloatTheBoiseRiver/ I'll warn you, Boise grows on you. I'm from Maine, but have lived here since 95. I wouldn't live anywhere else.  

Archived