The MT-07 Forum

Need to vent... Bike stolen...

dookietouch

TL:DR at bottom :

So, a little back story for me. I am in the military and purchased my 2015 FZ-07 brand new while stationed in Maryland. I joined this forum not long after! I even won one of the give aways for the fender eliminator! We then move to Georgia a year later and have been here ever since. I even had a deployment at the beginning of last year. Nothing ever happened to my bike. Fast forward to last week, my family and I walk outside to take my girls to School before going to work ourselves. My wife turns around and asks where my bike was..... Silence.... What do you mean? Turns out, someone stole my motorcycle from my driveway, on post, the night before.... I report it immediately but it take the police four full days to report my bike as stolen... I'm still fuming about the lack of urgency on the side of the police. I've already accepted that my baby is gone and reserved a new 2018 MT07 for when my insurance pays me for the loss. I know it was not a personal act of stealing my bike but it feels so personal and I feel violated in my own home on a base. Long story short, feels bad not walking outside and seeing my bike waiting for me to hop on. Thank you for letting me vent, stay safe, stay vigilant! 

TL:DR in military, bought 2015 FZ07 brand new, was stolen last week. Feels bad.. 

Good on you being cool about it, you have the right attitude. Yes it does sux. I know what you mean about being violated, my home was broken into years ago and that's how I felt.  Hope your insurance pays out fairly. I have 2018 MT-07 you'll like it.  Its good to vent, don't keep negative energy to yourself.

That's a shame, especially on post.  If there are cameras at the gates, maybe they can see if/when it was taken off, if it wasn't covered in a truck bed or something.  Hopefully insurance covers most of the cost of a new one.

Like @Yamaoldstersaid, good attitude.

Stay safe and thank you and your family for your service.

• Global Moderator

theres gotta be some surveillance on base. did you report to the MP's? or civ police?

also, is your vin in the prod number thread? we can mark it stolen on the off chance someone does actually come across it

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

firstyammerha

IMO,  law enforcement today is pretty sad. Watching todays cops shooting people in the back while they're fleeing says it all to me. Personally my experience in recent years has been that if blood isn't drawn or major damage to property hasn't occurred, it's go away don't bother me. Hate to say it but you'll never see that bike again.

• Premium Member

I am so sorry that this happened to you, especially at home. 

We're here for you! Vent away, keep us posted. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Im very sorry to hear of this. Venting is good for you, let it go. I hope insurance gives you a fair value to get into your new bike. 

• Global Moderator

That definitely sucks.  I hope your insurance pays out quickly so you can get the MT-07 soon.  Please post some photos when you get it.  I am curious if you find a difference between the FZ and MT. 

Sorry to hear about your loss and yes, good attitude. Maybe a day on the range would help make you feel better for awhile. I've always found 105mm to be quite satisfying.  🔥  Maybe when you get a new bike you can make up for lost time with a good weekend getaway ride or something. Hope you get a bike soon and I hope they catch that c*nt!

Beemer

On 8/18/2018 at 6:34 PM, sorkyah said:

theres gotta be some surveillance on base. did you report to the MP's? or civ police?

also, is your vin in the prod number thread? we can mark it stolen on the off chance someone does actually come across it

Yes, I reported it but it took them 5+ days mark my vin as stolen and to get it to the investigators and I still have not heard anything from them... The vin is not but I can definitly post it! Thanks! 

I have already went to a dealer and put my name down for the white/red 2018 MT07 just waiting on my insurance for the payout amount. I will definitly post pics and get back on here once I get back to riding! Thank you everyone for the support. 

• 2 weeks later...

***UPDATE***

A little good news/bad news scenario! The bike was found 120miles north. That's about it for the good news! Now the bad news.... The tow companies sentiments were "I hope you have insurance".... (sad face).... He said the bike was laid down,  right side torn up. Headlight broken, blinkers broken, missing a mirror, missing the foot pegs, and EVERY wire was cut in half. The ignition wires and the wires running off the engine. The kicker is they found it the day after it was stolen but since it was not reported stolen until 4 days later they just kept it at their facility until running the VIN one more time before scrapping the bike. I contacted the insurance company and am waiting on them to pick the bike up and take picture and evaluate the damage. But it does not sound good. I will post the pics once they send them to me! Thank you all for the support and kind words. 

I hate freaking thieves

I hope the get a red hot poke shived (NOT SHOVED) up their arse while getting their nads beat with a bat

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator

That's shitty dude

Good to hear that they were able to find it at least.

Hopefully the insurance isn't gonna try to rape you on fixing it up instead of totalling it

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

A drunk totaled my bike once and when I got a new bike I was happier with it than the original. The original was a dark grey and the replacement was a shiny, jet black that just glistened, I loved it! Maybe your new bike will be worth the ordeal as well. 

Beemer

Wow man im really sorry to see this. Hopefully all turns out well for you! 

'16 FZ-07 Matte Silver/Blurple
Instagram:Mintsopoulos

Thats absolutely b.s. about waiting 4 days...like wtf. If its not at your home, and you dont know where its at. Its stolen, plain and simple. I would definitely invest in some outdoor security cameras. 

'16 FZ-07 Matte Silver/Blurple
Instagram:Mintsopoulos

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, internalcombust said:

Hate a damn thief!

Same here and they should be treated special.

YooniqImages_102332513.jpg

Beemer

Archived