The MT-07 Forum

2018 Florida

Old Man

6'2",180#

I own a 1986 SRX-600 that I like better than this. Wish I could transplant an engine. I'd stick with a 5-speed. That would be a grunty beast.  My SRX weighs 289lbs. wet... Lol. 

Thinking about bar mods, maybe raised clip-ons, maybe lower the front end an inch and mount clip-ons above the tree- Interceptor style. Would like to find bars that did the same thing. Less of a pain to do than searching for and installing clip-ons. 

My other ride...  on the highway the wind is a non-issue. This is comfortable to me.... 

20180404_133713.jpg

This is a naked bike. 

• Global Moderator
20 minutes ago, Old Man said:

6'2",180#

I own a 1986 SRX-600 that I like better than this. Wish I could transplant an engine. I'd stick with a 5-speed. That would be a grunty beast.  My SRX weighs 289lbs. wet... Lol. 

Thinking about bar mods, maybe raised clip-ons, maybe lower the front end an inch and mount clip-ons above the tree- Interceptor style. Would like to find bars that did the same thing. Less of a pain to do than searching for and installing clip-ons. 

Welcome Old Man

wouldnt need clip-ons.

@bellissimoto sells Gilles Tooling products, they are the manufacturer for most of the OEM accessories. 

they have a handlebar riser and cluster relocation kit to go with the stock bar.   

its a bit pricey, but Paul is a good dude, and they treat the forum members well. 

they allow bar movement of nearly an inch in either direction of stock, and with the included spacers, can add an extra height of nearly 1/2"

it doesnt seem like much but when i put em on my bike, the position was much more comfy

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

12 hours ago, Old Man said:

I don't want to raise the bars. I want to lower them. Too sit-up-and-beg for my taste. 

I assume you like challenges because you bought a "sit up and beg" style bike. You may want to buy some rear sets as well, assuming your legs are long, also. Got any pics of your new GF? (Sure do like the old Yami and at 289, nc!)

Beemer

• Global Moderator
16 hours ago, Old Man said:

I don't want to raise the bars. I want to lower them. Too sit-up-and-beg for my taste. 

you can easily do the opposite too.

they move both directions, and/or you could flip the stock bars

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

20180815_072057.thumb.jpg.ed3b2936cc76d892d837623aa6dfd49b.jpg

Not really a challenge. Woodcraft makes adjustable clip-ons. 

they do make clip-ons, but the  woodcraft clip-ons for the 07 mount to the stock lower clamps via adapter plate

at most you get about an inch of drop overall from stock with the 1.5" risers, but they have clearance issues about 90% lock

rearsets are also a good suggestion. 

if you can get in touch with AP  motoarts, they have adapter plates that replace the rearset mounting/swingarm pivot plates and will allow you to move them up and back as much as 3in both directions

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

You can flip the stock bars?  🤔

Do these rearsets go down and back? 

Btw, I've had the SRX for four years, 40,000 miles. Time to set her aside and work on her. That's why I bought the MT-07. Nice engine as I suspected, but they should do SO much more with it. 

Sorry to be so off topic... new bike... lol. 

Archived