The MT-07 Forum

Mt. Lemmon

mints

Its been a long while since I posted on here so I figured why not start it off again with a video of us hittin the twisties on Mt Lemmon here in Tucson! 

'16 FZ-07 Matte Silver/Blurple
Instagram:Mintsopoulos

Looks like a fun road!! My part of Michigan is flat as pancake and most roads are dead straight except where you have to weave around inland lakes. I'd love to go ride a mountain pass like that. I tried my old gopro hero2 out when I first got the FZ but the resulting footage was sooo boring I didn't even wanna watch it! LOL!!

2 hours ago, michigan400 said:

Looks like a fun road!! My part of Michigan is flat as pancake and most roads are dead straight except where you have to weave around inland lakes. I'd love to go ride a mountain pass like that. I tried my old gopro hero2 out when I first got the FZ but the resulting footage was sooo boring I didn't even wanna watch it! LOL!!

Haha i know the feeling. We just moved out here in January...originally from the Chicago Burbs. Not much good cruising there either...most weaves were to avoid  potholes haha. 

Beautiful road. Thanks for uploading it so we could all see it. If i ever find a decent road where i live, ill prolly buy a go pro just for the occasion haha!

Im sure well have more in the coming weeks. Trying to get some good rides in before one of our guys leaves for europe for 4 months. Ill post another one of a previous trip up the same mountain. Just a little longer. 

Great ride, brings back memories. Snow at the top? Last time I was there many years ago, people were filling up their pickup trucks with snow in the middle of the summer, bringing it down to have snow ball fights in the desert.

2 hours ago, Spitfire said:

Great ride, brings back memories. Snow at the top? Last time I was there many years ago, people were filling up their pickup trucks with snow in the middle of the summer, bringing it down to have snow ball fights in the desert.

haha no snow. When I went up in february there were small mounds but its been pretty dry. 

21 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Super nice roads, whish they were here! What's up with your tail light?

It's a fun road but the traffic sucks. One car can screw the whole ride. Only one or 2 "legal" passing lanes.

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I was thinking the same thing, I had no idea when brakes were applied or not. I thought the rear-light was really distracting and confusing. 

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

It was the frame rate that the rider behind me was recording at. Since LEDS "pulse" and a different frequency it looks like they are flashing but in reality theyre not. Its jsut the camera actually picking up the pulse width. 

1 hour ago, mick97702 said:

It's a fun road but the traffic sucks. One car can screw the whole ride. Only one or 2 "legal" passing lanes.

Yea it really can. We try to get up there early to avoid it but that was a late day for us. Some drivers pull over for us which is nice but others could care less and proceed to block us. 

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:33 AM, mick97702 said:

Around here it's usually someone in the passing lane next to other cars that won't speed up and move over. Then they throw a visible fit when you see a chance to pass on the right and squeeze in front of them (using signals of course). I understand their anger and I laugh at them for creating the situation and complaining that you (edited) adapted, overcame and still made it around them. F people like that.

Beemer

4 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Around here it's usually someone in the passing lane next to other cars that won't speed up and move over. Then they throw a visible fit when you see a chance to pass on the right and squeeze in front of them (using signals of course). I understand their anger and I laugh at them for creating the situation and then complaining about it. F people like that.

Earlier in the video you see us passing a jeep...the leader of the group politely pulled up next to him and asked if he can let us pass, since he was doing 30 in a 40, and the driver proceeded to tell him to "F&#K Off" and slowed down more. No reasoning for being a complete ass. Cant stand half the people on the road...Arizona especially. 

• Global Moderator
8 hours ago, mints said:

Earlier in the video you see us passing a jeep...the leader of the group politely pulled up next to him and asked if he can let us pass, since he was doing 30 in a 40, and the driver proceeded to tell him to "F&#K Off" and slowed down more. No reasoning for being a complete ass. Cant stand half the people on the road...Arizona especially. 

i feel you dude...

i'm up in the valley, nothing worse than having to  dodge into oncoming traffic to avoid a crash.

AZ drivers are seriously horrid

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

1 hour ago, sorkyah said:

i feel you dude...

i'm up in the valley, nothing worse than having to  dodge into oncoming traffic to avoid a crash.

AZ drivers are seriously horrid

Dude they are! Ive visited quite a few places in my life and people here are on a totally different level of ignorance. I get so frustrated driving/riding out here. I just wanna smack some of these people haha. 

• 2 weeks later...
firstyammerha

The wife and I took a trip to Albuquerque by way of Phoenix one week a few years ago and we used a different route back than we used going up. I don't remember the highway number or name but there was one section-sure it was in New Mexico- which snaked down one side of a deep canyon and snaked back up the canyon on the opposite side. We were in a rental Chevy Malibu and that road really had me wishing for a vette or the like. Beautiful scenery in both directions but the ride back is something branded in my memory.

Archived