The MT-07 Forum

Fender Eliminators

3crows

Guys, new here, just got a new MT07. The yellow and grey one!

Sorry, I am 64 years old, and while internet savvy and a life long  motorcyclist I did regrettably go through a long dry spell of nearly 15 years so have lost touch with accessory manufacturers. My last bike was a big bore (kitted0 Suzuki SV650 all modded out. Wrongly sold it. Now off to getting this new MT-07 fixed up. And that fugly fender thing on the rear must go please! 

I have been trying to understand what is the best go to here? What are you guys using? Any pics appreciated. I absolutely want to re-use the OEM blinkers please. 

I actually had two SV650s, a blue naked and then followed by a red S model. I made my own FE on the blue one and I cannot swear to it but I think the red one I had the Competition Werks but I did then also use the OEM blinkers. I could here,if I must, as well build my own but I would rather buy something, clean, OEM looking, the factory look, if you follow. 

Any help much appreciated folks.

james

• Premium Member

Welcome to the clubhouse of like minded 07 enthusiasts. 😀  You'll find many "more mature" riders here including myself.

If you look around you'll find a lot of useful information.

I too am in the minority of people don't mind the factory signals.

I suggest you check out this thread regarding my continued use of the factory pumpkins that I've upgraded with LED replacement bulbs, along with the easily installed Yoshimura Fender eliminator kit.

Good Luck finding a solution that works for you.✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Hey mate, hope I'm still kicking a leg over a bike at 64!

The gross Plate holder on the 07 makes a Tail tidy mandatory. You have a lot of choice. I went with Motodynamic, comes with plate light if that's a legal requirement in your state (plug and play). Also 2 sets of brackets, 1 for the stock OEM indicators, 1 for smaller aftermarket LED indicators if you want to drop the stock ones. I like the mounting bracket, feed through the indicator wiring keeps everything nice and clean

https://www.motodynamic.com/fender-eliminator-kit-yamaha-fz-07-mt-07-2015-2018.html

TST (licence plate light isn't included - sold separately)

https://tstindustries.com/TST-Elite-1-Fender-Eliminator-Yamaha-FZ-07-2015.html

Yoshimura

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/product/yamaha-fz-07-fender-eliminator-kit-070bg137001.asp

R&G

https://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/Tail_Tidies/Yamaha/MT-07_(FZ-07)/LP0159BK/#prettyPhoto

If you do change your mind and get some aftermarket LED indicators grab yourself a flasher relay. Most are overpriced but superbrightleds sells them pretty cheap

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/flashers-load-resistors/electronic-led-flasher-relays-for-motorcycle/787/842/

can probably find cheaper out there

Image-1.thumb.jpg.b955710f51ad8a39ce654c135a665f23.jpg

Thanks guys.

RRR, which FE is that on your bike?

Did you dark out your bike? 

Yes, I think this is the ugliest fender contraption I have ever seen and it must, must go soon!

36 minutes ago, 3crows said:

Thanks guys.

RRR, which FE is that on your bike?

Did you dark out your bike? 

Yes, I think this is the ugliest fender contraption I have ever seen and it must, must go soon!

That's the motodynamic fender eliminator, highly recommend it. These are the rear indicators I went with in case you're interested. Look better than stock, brighter than stock too

https://tstindustries.com/TST-BL6-LED-Pod-Turn-Signals.html

Haven't blacked out any of the stock parts, just removed or replaced some with blacker parts. I like black.

19 hours ago, RRR said:

That's the motodynamic fender eliminator, highly recommend it. These are the rear indicators I went with in case you're interested. Look better than stock, brighter than stock too

https://tstindustries.com/TST-BL6-LED-Pod-Turn-Signals.html

Haven't blacked out any of the stock parts, just removed or replaced some with blacker parts. I like black.

Thanks.I do like the turn signals. Are they bright? I assume they are purchased one by one so I would need four of them. Do they have OEM type quality?

James

55 minutes ago, 3crows said:

Thanks.I do like the turn signals. Are they bright? I assume they are purchased one by one so I would need four of them. Do they have OEM type quality?

James

Nah mate, that price is for 2. I got the smoked and they are brighter than stock, clear would probably be brighter again.

I got the flush mounts for the front though, theyre even cheaper again and yes, also brighter than stock.

https://tstindustries.com/TST-LED-Front-Flushmount-Turn-Signals-Yamaha.html

As for quality, TST is awesome, imo superior to OEM

8 minutes ago, RRR said:

Nah mate, that price is for 2. I got the smoked and they are brighter than stock, clear would probably be brighter again.

I got the flush mounts for the front though, theyre even cheaper again and yes, also brighter than stock.

https://tstindustries.com/TST-LED-Front-Flushmount-Turn-Signals-Yamaha.html

As for quality, TST is awesome, imo superior to OEM

Okay, you about sold me on them. Flush up front and the pegs on the rear in smoke. I think I will order two sets of the peg type in case I change my mind up front and one set fo the flush for up front. Plus the converter kit I see for factory fit.

I guess I will need a flasher resistor or whatever that is to slow them down and the harness converters. i will study on them and place an order. Still cannot settle on a FE though.

I do not want to hack into my factory harness -----.

James

3 minutes ago, 3crows said:

Okay, you about sold me on them. Flush up front and the pegs on the rear in smoke. I think I will order two sets of the peg type in case I change my mind up front and one set fo the flush for up front. Plus the converter kit I see for factory fit.

I guess I will need a flasher resistor or whatever that is to slow them down and the harness converters. i will study on them and place an order. Still cannot settle on a FE though.

I do not want to hack into my factory harness -----.

James

No hacking necessary.

Everything from TST is plug and play. Grab 2 sets of signal converters.

https://tstindustries.com/TST-Yamaha-Signal-Plug-Converters-3-to-3.html

and pick up a cheap flasher relay from superbrightled, also plug and play.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/flashers-load-resistors/electronic-led-flasher-relays-for-motorcycle/787/842/

The motodynamic FE comes with an overkill amount of bolts/washers/nuts and they just happen to fit perfectly into the hole in the flasher relay. drill a small hole in the plastic bracket that's exposed when you remove the stock relay and you're good to go. Can take a photo when I get home if needed.

Incase you were wondering how to flush mounts look up front.

IMG_7573.thumb.jpg.8a618297c6a63f862f9115a12baabd72.jpgIMG_7574.thumb.jpg.72a1a4a9c3e7b5979979b7b36f717f9e.jpg

IMG_7571.thumb.jpg.47911d72c7d42baeb093d23a2d3cb74c.jpg

Good info here.

So I wanted to make sure,, I would not have to cut up any of my OEM bodywork to fit this Motodynamic FE, correct? That was big deal breaker for me on a different brand of FE. I am not down with any part I can not take back off and go 100% back to stock. Just weird that way I guess. This one looks like a winner so far, I might give it a shot.

I have the Vagabond fender eliminator kit.  Quality kit, I like it lots.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

9 hours ago, michigan400 said:

Good info here.

So I wanted to make sure,, I would not have to cut up any of my OEM bodywork to fit this Motodynamic FE, correct? That was big deal breaker for me on a different brand of FE. I am not down with any part I can not take back off and go 100% back to stock. Just weird that way I guess. This one looks like a winner so far, I might give it a shot.

No cutting to the OEM bodywork, just unbolt the old gross plastic one and install the nice clean steel one. 100% reversible if you decided you wanted to go back to the ugly piece of stock shet you just took off but I doubt that will happen.

Thanks guys.

I see the TST FE has an aluminum closeout piece. Does the MotoDynamic use a closeout to close that gapping hole or how does it deal with it. The web shots on all of these sites are lacking in details.

I am liking the TST stuff, seems reasonable price for decent gear. I am leaning towards just ordering their frame slider kit, FE, turn signals and the works all from one place. Not wanting to bash on anyone but are the TST stuff okay, any negatives on their pieces to be aware of and take into account.

James

• Premium Member

I bolted my "plate" to the underside of the subframe...I am using a MD taillight...

you can see the "plate" is inline with the passenger peg mounting boss...

no more "plates" to rip off 😁 and no more wiggly back end due to the plate twisting/dancing in the wind...

20171005_164616-1-1.jpg

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

48 minutes ago, 3crows said:

Thanks guys.

I see the TST FE has an aluminum closeout piece. Does the MotoDynamic use a closeout to close that gapping hole or how does it deal with it. The web shots on all of these sites are lacking in details.

I am liking the TST stuff, seems reasonable price for decent gear. I am leaning towards just ordering their frame slider kit, FE, turn signals and the works all from one place. Not wanting to bash on anyone but are the TST stuff okay, any negatives on their pieces to be aware of and take into account.

James

I've had a bit of gear from TST, always good quality. The close out was a concern of mine as well, can confirm the motodynamic FE does come with one that bolts directly to the the FE itself just above the housing for the plate light.

55 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

I bolted my "plate" to the underside of the subframe...I am using a MD taillight...

you can see the "plate" is inline with the passenger peg mounting boss...

no more "plates" to rip off 😁 and no more wiggly back end due to the plate twisting/dancing in the wind...

20171005_164616-1-1.jpg

Nice! Wish that was legal in my state

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, RRR said:

Nice! Wish that was legal in my state

**knocks on wood** I dont think its legal here also, but 3 plus yrs later, still no second looks from the "fuzz"... you can still read the plate, will post pic up later after work...

picture from behind about 10' 

20180816_062534.jpg

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

13 hours ago, RRR said:

No cutting to the OEM bodywork, just unbolt the old gross plastic one and install the nice clean steel one. 100% reversible if you decided you wanted to go back to the ugly piece of stock shet you just took off but I doubt that will happen.

I ordered it yesterday. Should be in hand Friday and installed Saturday. I found a old odometer mount from my dirt bike that will work just fine for my brake reservoir mount after removing passenger pegs.

10 hours ago, michigan400 said:

I ordered it yesterday. Should be in hand Friday and installed Saturday. I found a old odometer mount from my dirt bike that will work just fine for my brake reservoir mount after removing passenger pegs.

Good stuff, any pics? I went with a Vagabond bracket because I wanted to have clean lines running under the back fender and rear hugger extender. Needed that little piss cup tucked and out of the way.

https://www.vagabondmotorsports.com/collections/yamaha-fz-07-2015/products/yamaha-fz-07-2015-rear-brake-reservoir-relocation-kit

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, RRR said:

Good stuff, any pics? I went with a Vagabond bracket because I wanted to have clean lines running under the back fender and rear hugger extender. Needed that little piss cup tucked and out of the way.

https://www.vagabondmotorsports.com/collections/yamaha-fz-07-2015/products/yamaha-fz-07-2015-rear-brake-reservoir-relocation-kit

I like the vagabond as well.... just can't see paying  USD$40 for something that would still be over priced but tolerable at USD$20. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

1 hour ago, DewMan said:

I like the vagabond as well.... just can't see paying  USD$40 for something that would still be over priced but tolerable at USD$20. ✌️

Yeah mate, it all adds up too. No one else seems to be fabricating brackets in the same location though so no incentive for vagabond to be competitive (yet). Wish I had the equipment to make this stuff myself.

12 hours ago, michigan400 said:

Nice, throw a pic up when you're done if you get a chance.

XR400 stock odo mount. Lol! I always keep brackets and odd stuff around just in case. Found a handlebar mount bolt also to use. These were from a couple days ago I have it trimmed up and spray painted all black now along with the bolt head. Will install when I do the FE that just arrived about 30 minutes ago. Total out of pocket cost - $0.00

20180814_171047.thumb.jpg.e03687d9e5133df40fd2223b8d07da3c.jpg

Archived