The MT-07 Forum

Power Commander FC on 2017 FZ07

Leo Vannucci

Leo Vannucci

Hey guys,

I installed my PCFC a few days ago and everything worked, the status light on the module comes on, the bike feels more responsive (its using the stock map since the bike has the stock air filter and exhaust as we speak, tomorrow it gets the goodies). 

After a couple of days riding I got the check engine light and it’s driving me mad. I took the bike to the dealership and they told me that since it’s a 2017, it doesn’t do the self-diagnose thingy on the dash anymore, so I had to make an appointment for a check (so they can reset the light and tell me the error) next week.

Last night I actually took everything apart again (even the tank) so I could slowly unplug and re-plug every connnector from the PCFC and so I did, successfully. Nothing seemed to be badly plugged from the first try, maybe the 02 sensor connection seemed a bit loose but that was it. Of course, the light doesn’t turn off since it needs the dealership to be reset...

I’m wondering, has this happened to any of you guys before? Is there some kind of common error that pops up with the PCFC? 

Also, is there a way of “telling” if I did something wrong? i.e. the status light won’t turn red or the bike will feel terrible?

8 hours ago, Leo Vannucci said:

Nothing seemed to be badly plugged from the first try, maybe the 02 sensor connection seemed a bit loose but that was it.

Also, is there a way of “telling” if I did something wrong? i.e. the status light won’t turn red or the bike will feel terrible?

The 02 sensor will likely be the issue if the connections isn't plugged in properly. The PCFC bypasses the stock 02 sensor, doesn't use it all (dynojet's '02 optimizer'). However if the connection is not making contact it will throw a check engine light/code. This won't affect performance at all as it's being bypassed.

There's no way of telling what the issue is aside from a dealer reading what the error is. The good news is that (if you're using an appropriate fueling map) the bike will generally either run safely or not run at all.

• Global Moderator

I doubt the O2 sensor is the problem.  I have mine removed completely and do not get a light. 

Leo Vannucci

As far as I can remember, the only mistake I remember doing during the first installation was that I completely forgot to plug the breather hoses back in (both of them) to the tank. I actually rode the bike like this, but no light came on.

After that, I remembered and I plugged them back in after riding the bike for 1/2 an hour. The check engine light got turned on on the next day.

I also remember that during the first install I left the gas tank’s main hose plugged BUT, with the orange thingy (quick connect safety) not closed.

According to the dealership, these errors can pop out after the event happened as it “remembers” them in retrospective even if the error gets fixed, so I still need to have them clear the light next week.

Do you think any of these things will bring up the CEL ?

Archived