The MT-07 Forum

Power commander + check engine light

Leo Vannucci

Leo Vannucci

Hey guys!

I installed my Power Commander FC, and everything runs fine (actually much better than before) and it’s been like that since the past couple days until today I suddenly got a check engine light. What did I do wrong? Is there a quick fix?

• Global Moderator

No code on the dash, just the CEL?  That does not give us much info to work with.  My first thought would be to double-check all the connections.  Maybe something worked its way loose. 

Leo Vannucci
27 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

No code on the dash, just the CEL?  That does not give us much info to work with.  My first thought would be to double-check all the connections.  Maybe something worked its way loose. 

Indeed no code on the dash; is there a way of getting the bike into self diagnosis mode to know if there’s a code?

• Global Moderator

I think the only way to get a code that is not displayed on the dash is to connect the computer that the dealer has to the port under the seat.  Maybe you could talk the dealership in to doing that and letting you know what the problem is.  It should only take them a minute or two to get a readout. 

• Global Moderator

I found this in another thread.  I am not sure if it will work but it will not hurt to try.  Let us know how it goes. 

"I believe you press both buttons on the display while turning the bike to ON position. Hold it until self diagnostic comes on. It took awhile, but when I had a check engine light on mine, that's how I was able to find what code my check engine light was."

Leo Vannucci
16 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I found this in another thread.  I am not sure if it will work but it will not hurt to try.  Let us know how it goes. 

"I believe you press both buttons on the display while turning the bike to ON position. Hold it until self diagnostic comes on. It took awhile, but when I had a check engine light on mine, that's how I was able to find what code my check engine light was."

That only brings up the clock setup...

Man, I think I’m gonna have to replug everything up again...

• Global Moderator
4 minutes ago, Leo Vannucci said:

That only brings up the clock setup...

Man, I think I’m gonna have to replug everything up again...

I did not think that would work but since someone posted that it did I figured it was worth trying.  My guess is that you will find a loose connection.  Good luck. 

Archived