TheRedEagle

Tail of the Dragon trip 8/17-19

TheRedEagle

Anyone going to be in the area for a dragon ride! 

I will be coming down form South Central PA with a few friends for a weekend of riding. Is there anyone in the area that is looking for an excuse to slay the dragon?

This will only be my second trip down but I am stoked to get back in the area. I need to get a new picture with my new bike!

Edited by TheRedEagle

NRWhiteKnight

I would love to join you, but unfortunately I have a prior commitment. Riding to the Dragon is normally a day ride for me. If I have enough notice I can make time to go ride it. I usually go at least once a year. I did not go last year and it was my intent to go this year when I still had my FZ1. Unsure if I will get around to it this year.

TheRedEagle

13 hours ago, NRWhiteKnight said:

Riding to the Dragon is normally a day ride for me.

Wow, that must be pretty awesome to live that close to the Dragon. I was going to ask if it ever gets less exciting, but I guess if you only get there once a year then it stays pretty fresh. 

NRWhiteKnight

It's a fun ride. I prefer the Cherohala Skyway as it flows better than the Dragon. Have fun and be safe. 🙂

TheRedEagle
On 8/11/2018 at 7:58 AM, NRWhiteKnight said:

I prefer the Cherohala Skyway as it flows better than the Dragon. Have fun and be safe. 🙂

I love the Cherohala, it is such a fun and scenic ride. And I will! This is the first time to the dragon with the FZ, so it will be a very different experience than when I went with my V-Star. 

• Like 1

NRWhiteKnight

Awesome. For sure it will be different, what with a lighter weight bike and different seating position. I am still getting used to the lighter weight myself.