The MT-07 Forum

mivv gp black steele or black widow steel/carbon exhaust?

Haeussler

Hey guys so Im planning on buying a new full system for my 2016 fz07 cause my akrapovic carbon one got pretty messed up. My two options are the mivv gp black steel and the black widow steel/carbon which are both pretty cheap in comparison to most brands and Ive read good comments on both. Both are almost exactly the same price with free intl shipping, only difference is the black widow one ships a lot sooner than the mivv one. So it comes down to three things: 1. looks (the black widow one looks a lot cooler that the mivv and the bw comes with a carbon fibre tip) 2. quality: I know both are very well made but i think Mivv is better known as a good brand in the exhaust making department so I trust mivv a little more 3. tuning: Theres no PCV maps for either of the two setups and theres no dyno shops around where I live so I will have to play with the maps.

So my question is: which one of the two systems would you go with and why? and; which map could I use for the exhaust i go with?

black widow.jpg

mivv.jpg

• Global Moderator

I prefer the way the Black Widow of tucked under the bike so that would be my vote. 

topazsparrow

Side exit all the way. Yamaha made a beautiful swing-arm on this bike... no sense in covering it up with a cheap can.

Archived